• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The government has announced that outdoor swimming baths in Leicester will be allowed to reopen. There are no outdoor swimming baths in Leicester
    We really are doomed aren't we?
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      The government has announced that outdoor swimming baths in Leicester will be allowed to reopen. There are no outdoor swimming baths in Leicester
      Nor in any other part of Leicestershire as far as I am aware.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Roast beef bap (wholemeal) and a bag of plain crisps for lunch

It turned a bit Simpsonesque for an hour or so, but now seems as if it might be starting to cloud over again. The prognosticators are still prognosticating rain and maybe even thunderstorms for later

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Nor in any other part of Leicestershire as far as I am aware.
          I can't think of any, unless they mean the quarry in Swithland Woods where people drown occasionally

Comment

Hoofing it down!

Comment

Walk walked.

In sunshine.

Well there's a thing.

Shower required thereafter.

The Radiomobile 4220 wireless is proving problematic, stuck tuning core in an inductor and a broken core in another.

Plus oodles of rust in the power pack, not to mention the dire state of some of the capacitors.

'Orrible 'Unts* as it transpires, all cracked to buggery & no doubt leaking like mad.

Amusingly enough, I used to build stuff on offcuts of Formica(tm) which does give the unprinted circuits a different sort of appearance.

I wonder what that string of zener diodes under the chassis is supposed to do.

One end is floating in the air.

Must be the aerial zeners.

*That's Horrible Hunts by the by, Hunts being long gone manufacturers of capacitors with an evil reputation for being direly dire in a very dire sort of way.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 August 2020, 15:36.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Hoofing it down!
                And it's stopped

Comment

Very changeable here - sunny earlier, then tipped it down for a while, now back to sunny

Temperature hasn't been any higher than 21°C, which is much more acceptable than the recent nonsense

Comment

Purple -ometer complete
                    That's 102 days in a row now.

Green -ometer showing 63/10
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Nice and sunny here.

GP has decided that the long standing dermatitis on my arms is now actually an infection. I pointed this out to them 2 weeks ago as they always are if they last more than a couple of weeks....
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X