• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    You are a rain god.
    It definitely seems to wait for me to emerge before prostrating itself before me

Comment

Tea has been M&S non-chunky breaded haddock, with chips and beans. I tried the thing of snapping one of the fillets in half to make a bigger portion, and it worked out just right

Comment

Entertainment (continued): HSB S3 E20 "Spotlight on Rico".

HSB S3 E21 "Buddy, Can You Spare a Heart? " wherein LaRue buys a calf's heart for nefarious reasons.

HSB S3 E22 "A Hill of Beans " being the end of S3 wherein the precinct payroll gets stolen. And recovered. And a naughty policeman meets his end.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Another TV-free night (apart from Ambulance during dinner), as I continued reading They Thought They Were Free. It's an interesting exploration of the attitudes, beliefs, motivations and so on of ordinary Germans under Nazism, based on spending a year or so in the early 1950s getting to know a number of them from a small town well enough that they would speak freely, or fairly freely, about their lives between 1933 and 1945.

The rain continued here for a while, but seems to have moved on now

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Overcast here but fairly bright. There is a slight dampness from the overnight rain. Current temperature is 17 degrees with a forecast high of 21 later. The sun isn't expected to make much of an appearance. Low chance of further rain fall. Barometer has fallen to 1015 mBar. Light northerly breeze.

First coffee being drunk. Very tired after a second night of poor sleep interrupted by not nice dreams.

Bins (normal and recycling) have been taken out and placed in the communal bin store.

Discovered evidence on the kitchen door mat of a slug creeping in under the kitchen door so measures will have to be taken to deal with that.

Comment

Just came across this YouTube channel (courtesy of the comments on an El Reg article) that I think will be of interest to some of our longer serving IT brethren:

CuriousMarc - YouTube

Comment

Morning all
                Light rain overnight has given way to a pleasant morning
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Thin high cloud, of the kind that lets direct sunlight through but in a diluted form; I think it's expected to thicken later, and the current 16°C is unlikely to be improved upon much, if at all

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Just came across this YouTube channel (courtesy of the comments on an El Reg article) that I think will be of interest to some of our longer serving IT brethren:

CuriousMarc - YouTube
                    Good find!

Comment

Morning all

White sky.

Sunless.

No current precipitation.

Damp.

Dreary.

1017 mBar.

Tuesday.

There's a couple of songs about Tuesday.

I wonder why.

The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday (Official Lyric Video) - YouTube

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesday's Gone - YouTube

And a film:

If Its Tuesday This Must Be Belgium 1969 - YouTube
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 July 2020, 09:31.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X