• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of rumbling, and a few cataclysmic crashes - but no actual rain

Looks like it's cleared off down towards Hinckley, but there's a bit of activity over Rutland way too, so we're in the middle now

Comment

Light drizzle now, but still a lot of ominous rumblings and the occasional flash

Comment

The weather app is now claiming it's 18°C outside, which would mean it's dropped 15° in the past hour

I poked my head out of the window and it's definitely cooler out there, but I'm not sure it's cooled down quite as precipitously as that

Comment

And now the sun is shining brightly and it's pouring down with rain

Comment

And now it's back up to 27°C, which is more believable

Comment

The good thing about London is that there is a lot of choice when it comes to selecting a take away for dinner.

The bad thing about London is that there is a lot of choice when it comes to selecting a take away for dinner.

We starting thinking about a take away about an hour ago. I have since given up looking as I've gotten bored. This is why I either (a) don't order take away very often or (b) just stick with a repeat order from one of a couple of places I like.

EDIT: decision finally made. Mezcalito in Chelsea will be bringing us Mexican inspired foodstuffs
              Last edited by ladymuck; 31 July 2020, 19:16.

Comment

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, orange segments and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

HSB S6 E17 "Larry of Arabia "

HSB S6 E18 "Iced Coffey "

HSB S6 E19 "Jagga the Hunk"

"Hunting Hitler" on Quest, Searching for Der Fuhrer in Argentina.

Everyone knows that Adolph's Caff & Bar is in Uruguay.

Feck me these guys are seriously daft poking about around there.

Apparently Fat Herman's great niece lives close by.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 July 2020, 20:58.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The bed has been made. Lovely crisp sheets, bliss!

Comment

Lamb chops, chips, peas and gravy for tea. Oh, and mint sauce. Very nice

After that I went out the back as usual to check the big gate was closed. Coming out of our back yard gate, I almost walked into some bloke who'd just come in the big gate, which had of course been left open. I went and closed it, then discovered the bloke had just stopped by the fence opposite where my and others' cars are parked, hung his bag on a fencepost, and appeared to be settling down

I busied myself wandering around hither and yon pretending to be checking gates and things, thinking he'd probably clear off or go on his way shortly, but he didn't. So I headed back in, but decided I wasn't keen on leaving him hanging around and went out to check on his progress. Still just standing around, it turned out. So finally I approached him; by now he'd been there for over ten minutes. (He was crouched down rolling a fag now, the second he'd rolled in his time there.)

I asked him if he lived here, and he admitted he didn't but said something about just wanting to stay a couple of minutes, and he'd be able to get out the other end. He had a Spanish or Portuguese accent I think, and TBH he just seemed rather stoned and quite harmless.

So I waffled at him in such a way as to give the impression I was some kind of caretaker who had to lock up and sadly his presence was preventing me knocking off, and said I'd be happy to open the main gate for him if he wanted to get out the same way he came in. (I decided not to mention that the lock's broken and he could let himself out with a good tug on it.) And he was "Oh, OK" and gathered his bits and bobs and followed me to the gate and wandered off

Comment

I couldn't decide what to watch tonight: something old, something new, something violent, something blue? So in the end I just rewatched The Accountant (2016), because it sorts near the top of the list alphabetically and I think it's excellent

And then S1E6 of The Sopranos, Pax Soprana (TV Episode 1999)

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X