• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

still 4.2k steps for me to get purple done.
    And given the precipitation, that's unlikely
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      I'm amazed it's worked as well as it has for as long as it has considering the state it's in.

It's quite normal for stuff to work on the bench then fail when put back together.

It's one of the joys of wireless fixing.

In other news, the sun is wanly out, it having paused precipitation for a while.

In fact I'm going for a walk in a minute or so, once the dishes are done.
      Walk walked, during which I realised what the curious piece of Selotape(tm) was for: it insulated my added bit from the surrounding tin can.

Also had a chap with an ancient chap (even more of an than I) who was potching about with the passenger seat of his Reliant Robin.

Asked him if he'd owned a BMW Isetta back in the day since it was always parked where his Reliant resides.

However apparently not.

Isetta - Wikipedia

Though communication was difficult since he was rather deaf.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

It's been raining again. Off and on, as predicted.

Lunch was the last of the gazpacho, a chunck of nicely toasted Italian bread (well, fried in olive oil a bit) slathered with aubergine butter, and some sliced tomato and grilled halloumi.

No idea what I will eat next week after HWMBO goes home.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          It's been raining again. Off and on, as predicted.

Lunch was the last of the gazpacho, a chunck of nicely toasted Italian bread (well, fried in olive oil a bit) slathered with aubergine butter, and some sliced tomato and grilled halloumi.

No idea what I will eat next week after HWMBO goes home.
          I trust you've ensured that he's filled the freezer to capacity before he's allowed to leave?*

*probably shouldn't post in here though.
          oh, well - nobody saw me, right??

Comment

Originally posted by jainnode View Post
            *probably shouldn't post in here though.
            oh, well - nobody saw me, right??
            Saw who?

Comment

machine spec wont really matter, network bandwidth will.
              Nope bandwidth speed isn't an issue - I have a 400mb Virgin business line on a residential network - so it gets priority all the time...

Download actually took 90 minutes most of which was registering the 100s of bits that needed a valid license.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just noticed that the old boys' newsletter that came yesterday, apparently believing it deserves a more distinguished appellation, refers to itself on the cover as the "mid-year pubication"

Let's hope they don't realise and continue to use the same template for many years to come

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Nope bandwidth speed isn't an issue - I have a 400mb Virgin business line on a residential network - so it gets priority all the time...

Download actually took 90 minutes most of which was registering the 100s of bits that needed a valid license.
                  Have you ran it yet? over London?
                  I read a thing that said they'd mapped all the Thames bridges underwater

Comment

Also missing the Gerkin, and Buckingham Palace is now a block of flats.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

why would I care about London... It's a flight sim, I'm using it to "fly" from a to b...
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X