• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    It’s past sunset now
    Pitch dark out there now.

No more light evenings until April.

All the more time to watch BTVS and Angel then.

In other news, them next door have returned.

Little cat now seems to want to come & live with me.

Feck me, that walk seems to have tired me out.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Scavenging for a bag to put some recycling in, I found a one with a receipt from the Sainsbury’s store in Cambridge, dated 27 February 2012. That was a Monday, so I would have popped over there on my way from the Science Park to check in to the Premier Inn

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Just got around to changing the two clocks in the flat that don’t do it themselves, being the one on the microwave and the time switch on the living room light.

It’s past sunset now
        Thank you for the reminder. I've not changed any clocks since I got home

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Thank you for the reminder. I've not changed any clocks since I got home
          And I've just changed one that I'd forgotten about, remembered on the walk, forgotten about again, and remembered just then when prompted.

It'd be good if I could remember how to set some of the Lidl(tm) self setting clocks to display GMT rather than CET.

Comment

I turned up at a friend's house an hour early this morning because I'd forgotten all about it.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

back in the day <whatever day that was>, people would be camped out in front of pubs for an hour* because of that.

* opening hours were 12 - 3 Sunday lunchtime, although some landlords would open the back door early, like.
              whoever met a pub landlord who didn't have an eye for quick profit?

Comment

Most of the time around here you could never get a drink on a Sunday.

I never did figure out the opening hours.

Not to mention the dry counties where you were fecked from 22:30 on Saturday to 11:00 on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Most of the time around here you could never get a drink on a Sunday.

I never did figure out the opening hours.

Not to mention the dry counties where you were fecked from 22:30 on Saturday to 11:00 on Monday.
                  aye, as i grew up* in Scotland only hotels had sunday licenses.
                  there were some strange 'hotels'

4 rooms and a bar that can seat 300+, with a stage and a live music license!

happy days

*help yourselves people

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    I turned up at a friend's house an hour early this morning because I'd forgotten all about it.
                    I once turned up at PC World an hour early because I'd forgotten

Still haven't done my clocks. At this rate I'll be at work at 5am tomorrow

Comment

Fair few fireworks going off outside. I presume this is to do with the ongoing Diwali celebrations

They’ve had to cancel the funfair across the city in the Hindu area, as the rec is too soggy after the rain

The main event is going on on the main road over there instead, where the Diwali lights that were turned on a couple of weeks ago are. In a few weeks said lights will be repurposed for Christmas, having possibly been used for some other event relating to a further religion in the meantime. In fact, there must be lights up in one part of the city or the other half-a-dozen times during the course of the year

Comment

Working...
                      X