• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Please put more jokes here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"School in Shakespeare's day would have been far easier than school today because they wouldn't have had to learn any Shakespeare" - Philomena Cunk
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

A farmer named Sam was overseeing his herd in a remote hilly pasture in Hereford when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced toward him out of a cloud of dust.

The driver, a young man in an Armani suit, Gucci shoes, RayBan sunglasses and YSL tie, leaned out the window and asked the farmer, "If I tell you exactly how many cows and calves you have in your herd, will you give me a calf?"

Sam looks at the man, who obviously is a yuppie, then looks at his peacefully grazing animals and calmly answers, "Sure, why not?"

The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell notebook computer, connects it to his Samsung S7 cell phone, and surfs to a NASA page on the Internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite to get an exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo.

The young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop and exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg, German ...

Within seconds, he receives an email on his iPad that the image has been processed and the data stored. He then accesses an MS-SQL
      database through an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet and, after a few minutes, receives a response.

Finally, he prints out a full-colour, 150-page report on his hi-tech, miniaturized HP LaserJet printer, turns to the farmer and says, "You have exactly 1,586 cows and calves."

"That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my calves," says Sam.

He watches the young man select one of the animals and looks on with amusement as the young man stuffs it into the boot of his car.
      Then Sam says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my calf?"

The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why not?"
      "You're a Member of the European Parliament", says Sam.
      "Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?"

"No guessing required." answered Sam.
      "You showed up here even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked. You used millions of pounds worth of equipment trying to show me how much smarter than me you are; and you don't know a thing about how working people make a living - or about cows, for that matter. This is a herd of sheep.

Now give me back my dog.

Comment

Two cannibals who captured a man.
        They decided it would be fair if they started eating from opposite ends.
        After a few minutes, the one who started at the head asked the other one, "How's it going down there?"
        And the other one replies, "I'm having a ball!"

Comment

Hopefully I’ve got a book coming out soon.

Shouldn’t have eaten it, really.

Comment

I saw a sheep pole dancing the other night.

...it was in a kebab shop

*millenium

Comment

I was thinking of setting up a fund to help abused athletics officials, but I'm worried that I'll send out the wrong signals if I put it on Kickstarter.

Comment

So, it's really interesting in Japan to see how far ahead they are in technology terms. Just came back in from lunch and walked past a carpark full of those driverless cars.

Comment

Fifty years ago, if you’d told me there would be 3D televisions today, I’d have thought…wow, that’s cheap.

Comment

“Mummy, mummy, do people go to heaven feet first?” asked little Jimmy.
                    “No, I don’t think so,” she replied, “why do you ask?”
                    “Well yesterday I walked into your bedroom when you were at work and there was Auntie Sarah lying on her back with her feet in the air. She was shouting ‘oh God, I’m coming’, and she would have done if daddy had not been holding her down”

Comment

I only believe in 12.5% of everything the Bible says.

Which makes me an eighth theist.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X