• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

That reminds me - I have several bags of books to take to the Oxfam shop that my Mum has asked me to get rid of for her.
    how will you get rid of the shop then?

Comment

Trip to the surgery done. My blood pressure seems a little higher than usual, though it came down a bit after a few minutes. Anyway, they want me to monitor it at home and log the results, which means I have to work out where the sphygmomanometer is packed

It turned out they weren't fasting blood tests after all

Comment

well, that's sorted BT out. new customer offer £31/m, my offer for same package £48/m. FFS
        13 min call, offer to refer to ombudsman, and, - hey presto! new package £31/m.
        bunch of towrags.

Comment

Breakfast and lunch, delayed by fasting unnecessarily, was a homemade sausage roll out of the freezer, and then a cup of coffee accompanied by a few fruit shortcake biscuits

And after wasting a bit of time looking for the ancient blood pressure monitor in a few boxes, I gave up and bought a new one off Amazon. It'll probably be more accurate, and it connects to my phone so the figures can be logged by an app I'll never look at

Comment

Tea: strips of pork belly cooked slowly in Jack Daniels BBQ sauce and then finished under the grill, with chips. Very tasty because very fatty

Comment

The car earlier was a half-timbered Morris Traveller, of the kind used by the Tudors. Taxed until August

And the gold diggers are all a bit betwixt and between at the moment, what with some needing permits for this and others wanting new machinery for that

And then I went to bed and read some more, and now I'm getting an early night. I had an absolutely abysmal night's sleep last night; no weird dreams or anything, it just took me ages to get to sleep and then I kept waking up again. So I'm absolutely knackered and need a decent night tonight, which I'm hoping I'll get because I can hardly keep my eyes open now

Goodnight all

Comment

Lemsip at the ready, TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Well, that was a good, solid night's sleep! My internal clock still isn't fooled by the "seven is the new six" nonsense though

It rained heavily last night, around the time I crashed out, but it's a sunny start out there today. Currently 9°C, likely to get to 14°, the barometers are down some more at 989/997mB, and though the weather app claim's it's windy, it isn't right now. Chance of some rain passing through now and again though

Comment

Morning all
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Bright, cloudy with patches of blue. Dry. Currently 12 degrees ('feels like' 10) with a high of 15 expected. Showers forecast mid afternoon but otherwise a sunny day expected. Barometer down to 1006 mBar.

Yesterday was a bit hectic at work with lots of issues to triage and log, followed by a major issue being reported that has nothing to do with the team I'm in but we've been asked to help (technically I don't do the helping but I am the unofficial team gatekeeper to stop them being swamped with crud). During this time, my laptop did its periodic "I don't do USB" error and I had to switch to using the laptop keyboard and track pad. The latter is disabled when I have a USB mouse/keyboard attached so that meant removing my 'mouse jiggler'. I have now lost said jiggler and it's driving me potty. I bought it way back before they were cool and they've tripled in price since then so I don't want to have to replace it. It's got to be in my office somewhere but I can't see it anywhere.

In other news, HWMBO, his eldest and I all went out for cocktails and dinner to celebrate the eldest's 19th birthday coming up. Lovely evening had but I am very tired this morning. I'm too old for mid week late nights out!

Comment

Working...
                      X