• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Cloudy with spits of rain and windy. Currently 11 degrees ('feels like' 9) with a high of 14 expected. Rain forecast off and on this morning, easing up around lunchtime. Barometer down to 1002 mBar.

I think I might have a second coffee before stand up.

Comment

First world problems So Newcastle Airport has a single lounge and it's as dire as it sounds and always has been...

Won't even see it at CDG as we have 1 hour to transfer during which we need to do a tiny bit of shopping before heading off on the 8 hour flight to Guadeloupe.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Lunch: zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with a slice of wholemeal

Comment

On plane 2 - we landed 30 minutes late so no shopping but French border staff were waiting at the gate to allow us to enter the EU.

got to say this isn’t the CDG airport I remember…
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            On plane 2 - we landed 30 minutes late so no shopping but French border staff were waiting at the gate to allow us to enter the EU.

Hold on... are you going to replace DI Neville Parker?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I changed the bed linen on Saturday but never got around to washing it. As the sun actually came out this afternoon and there was a good breeze, I decided to press the WM into service and managed to get all bar the duvet cover on the washing line. The duvet cover went on the airer as, by the time the cycle finished, I didn't see the benefit of putting it out. I remembered to bring everything in around 6pm before it got too dark and chilly.

HWMBO has made a curry for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Maybe it's easier to meet people off the plane so they can be quicker about deporting you back to the UK

Comment

Tea: shepherd's pie. Or maybe cottage pie, as it was made with beef rather than lamb. Either way, it's the acceptable face of mince with gravy and mashed spuds, and was very tasty

Couple more portions to go in the freezer too

Comment

Guess whose WifeTM has just tested positive for Covid?

Anyway, TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Guess whose WifeTM has just tested positive for Covid?

Anyway, TFBSZ

Hope it's a mild case

Comment

Working...
                      X