• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No car earlier. Maybe they've noticed that they've shown them all many times before? And the gold diggers was yet another repeat too

Then a bit of old Police Interceptors whilst dining

And finally E5 of WeCrashed about the ridiculous founder of WeWork and how he brought it all crashing down around him

Early night now as I'm very tired. I suspect I didn't sleep so well in a strange bed last night

Goodnight all

Comment

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Quite cloudy but it's bright and dry with patches of blue to be seen. Currently 5 degrees ('feels like' 3) with a high of 10 expected. Rain forecast this afternoon and overnight. Barometer at 1022 mBar.

Working today.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            No car earlier. Maybe they've noticed that they've shown them all many times before?
            There's a conglomeration of the S17 eps either today or tomorrow.

Morning.

Tuesday apparently.

Wet.

Dark.

Dank.

Gloomy.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 12.2 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

Next door's cat fed before I fed myself.

1015 mBar, 29.973 in Hg, 761.31 Torr, 14.721 psi, (down from 1019 last night), 69% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 1st of April 2019 it was the last week of term, I was looking forward to retirement (more fool me), and NF was up early (at 10:00 a.m. BST)) so he could post the Monday Links, while DaveB's Doggo was sleeping in a crate.

Couldn't even be bothered to do any potching today, the weather is more than somewhat inclement.

Tea: battered haddock, a couple of yogs (BBE 15/12 & BBE 20/12 but they tasted ok & were probably frozen solid last week), the remainder of the peach halves, 0.91*1.67 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: some little know programme on Leg End: where some chap wearing a wig is battling a rather feisty green lizard person in an episode named "Arena".

I'm rooting for the Lizardly chap. He seems much less self righteous. .

No Wheeler Dealers.

NCIS S17 E17 "In a nutshell".

NCIS S17 E18 "Skooled": the dead guy in a rubber duck race one.

FBI S2 E5 "Crossroads": the kidnapped mule one.

FBI S2 E6 "Outsider".
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 December 2022, 21:58.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day again, with showers. Currently 4°C and heading for 9°, barometers down slightly at 1007/1015mB

I had a bit of an odd night's sleep, waking from time to time for no obvious reason, but generally speaking it was OK

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

There's a conglomeration of the S17 eps either today or tomorrow.
                Thursday, it seems; from 10:00 to 19:00

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Thursday, it seems; from 10:00 to 19:00
                  Some of them are rather good once you get used to the new spanner head.

Apparently he used to work in F1, but they don't mention it very often.

Love the way he wanders in to various places & uses their kit to fettle up assorted chunks of motor.

And MB seems to have calmed down from the over the top presentation style of the septic based version.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 December 2022, 13:40.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Now you're making me want to watch it. I can see this being like me catching up on Oak Island nut jobs from the very beginning.

Comment

The Super Monkey Car is here and garaged!

It was supposed to be coming over this afternoon, but the recovery chap phoned just as I was buttering a slice of toast to say he was free and in the right area just then, and hinting strongly that he'd really like to get the job done now. (I found out later that he's got a job going a fair distance this afternoon, so would have had a long drive back then my job.) So I hastily got dressed and headed over there.

I got the car jumpstarted with the Corolla, then shifted that out of the way… and the Orion had died again

So I used the Corolla to get its front tyres inflated enough that they'd last for the journey, and then got it jumpstarted again. Just then the bloke phoned to say he'd arrived on the side road, and as it happened a neighbour was just going out, so by telling him to watch for their car emerging I was able to guide him in to assess the situation.

He decided it would be a bit tricky to get his truck down there so, as the car was now running, he'd drive it out for loading. By great good fortune, the stretch of parking right outside the gate was free so it was easy enough to get the job done.

While he was strapping it down, right next to me as I watched him work, a couple of the neighbourhood lowlifes had words with a member of staff from Iceland who'd just seen them nick some stuff. Then a couple more Iceland guys came out and the two lowlifes went haring off over the road and through the gate into the area where I no longer park, with the Iceland folk in hot pursuit. But they lost them in the maze of paths and gardens out there. I thought it was all a quite amusing reminder of why I'm happy to be getting away from what used to be a decent enough neighbourhood

Anyway, once the Orion was all secure, over here we came. The private road around the square here was also a bit narrow for his truck as my neighbours are parked all around it, so we offloaded outside (once I'd paid). Then he used his booster pack to jumpstart it again, and I was able to drive it round to its garage, which is tucked away in the back, to the side of the Art Deco block opposite mine. And there I managed to get it reversed into the garage and safely tucked up, after a bit of back-and-forth to make sure I'd left enough room for me to get out

So that's done and dusted, and I never again have to go and check if the big back gate is shut

Time for my cold toast now

Comment

Working...
                      X