• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We took stuff my storage place then went to IKEA Wembley to return some stuff. The queue was somewhat sizable so a hotdog was purchased to sustain us.

We were going to have a look at Eket combinations to confirm what I wanted is feasible but with only half an hour to closing I decided not to bother.

Now back home and hearing some disconcerting rumblings that I hope is thunder as otherwise it might a roof caving in or some such.

Comment

Forgot to mention that the bed was stripped and left to air this morning but the resulting laundering has not been done yet. I'll do that tomorrow as I CBA to do it today.

The bed has not yet been made.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        We were going to have a look at Eket combinations to confirm what I wanted is feasible but with only half an hour to closing I decided not to bother.
        They've got one of those planner things on the website: https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/planners/eket-planner/

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

They've got one of those planner things on the website: https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/planners/eket-planner/
          I know. Annoyingly the planner doesn't allow me to add a solid door to the 25cm deep unit, only glass. I wanted to find out why

Comment

Now back home and hearing some disconcerting rumblings that I hope is thunder as otherwise it might a roof caving in or some such.
            It's a proper thunderstorm!

Much thunder, lightning and rain.

Comment

It's a proper thunderstorm!

Much thunder, lightning and rain.

Should be reaching us in about an hour, according to the radar

Comment

A bit of gardening done between showers and a trip to one of my favourite local establishments for a pint of Norwegian Blue. Then replanted the ginger.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Should be reaching us in about an hour, according to the radar
                  Just saw some incredibly bright lightning beyond the houses over the way, but looking at the lightning map, it appears it was in the vicinity of Northampton!

I've sometimes seen the landing lights of planes that far away in that direction on clear nights, but lightning? Given how bright it appeared to be from here, it must have been suboptimal to have been beneath it

Comment

Dinner was a goat curry that HWMBO made several days ago and has been maturing in the fridge. It features some of my home-grown habaneros that are quite hot!

Ents is Doctor Who

Comment

Tea has been a roast shoulder of lamb dinner, which was extremely nice

My portion control seems a bit out of kilter, so there'll be a couple of spare roast spuds and some lamb for lunch

And Scotch broth will be back on the menu as soon as I make it

The storm skirted round the city, being mainly over Rutland way, so although we got some torrential rain and lightning, the latter wasn't even close enough to hear much thunder

Comment

Working...
                      X