• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV has been an episode of Time Team where they scavenged about on a site in Suffolk where people had been making flint tools 400,000 years ago

Early night now ahead of the final week… again

Goodnight all

Comment

Absolutely tipping it down here, now TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all
        CBS, still air, Autumnal colours.

Comment

Morning denizens

Mostly cloudy out, with a few small gaps here and there that threaten a grave risk of sunlight. The forecast is for drizzle or rain for much of the day, though. Mild for the time of year at 12°C rising to 15°C, but the barometers are down a bit more at 990/998mB

Comment

Morning all

After much rain overnight, it's dry and sunny with chunks of fluff scurrying across the sky. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 17 expected. Change of a shower early afternoon. Barometer up to 1004 mBar.

Doctor Who was good last night. The sort of storytelling that had been lacking in Jodie Whittaker's time in the role.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Doctor Who was good last night. The sort of storytelling that had been lacking in Jodie Whittaker's time in the role.
              The episode that Chibnall finally got right. And ticked an awful lot of boxes whilst doing so. Very good. Lovely to see many of the surviving assistants, including "Ian" who is, it appears, 98.

Morning.

Wet.

Dark.

Damp.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Warmish at 17.5 deg in here, 19.5 deg in the kitchen (post kettle), 16 deg in the leanto.

997 mBar, 29.441 in Hg, 747.8 Torr, 14.46 psi, (up from 991 last night), 75% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine is pretty clean.

Entertainment: Start the Week which just went <click> due to pretentious claptrap.

In February 8th 2019 Xogg was wondering about the availability of USB paper tape readers, while NF was consuming scouse.

The wireless resumed its murmurings until "The Climate Book" created by Greta fecking Thunberg appeared, whereupon it immediately went <click> again.

In other other news it's intermittently pissing down and not taking prisoners whilst doing so.

The IC next door has gone off to Cardiff to start his new job. I do so hope it's ok. In the sweat of your brow shall you eat bread. Or something.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, & put away.

Followed by:

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, & put away.

Lunch: scrambled egg (properly leathery version due to inattention by the "chef") and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog (won't be many more of these, they've gone up), 0.91* pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TWAO. "How to spend a trillion".

Freecell score: 100%, running average 85% (84.92%).

More gardening done in between the showers of rain.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, stewed pears & custard, 0.91* pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S14 E2: 1982 Toyota Supra: bought for $6k5, total $10k8, sold $12k. Who knew you can MIG weld a cracked cast iron exhaust manifold without the bother of preheating it first? Or using the preferred method of special cast iron stick welding rods. .

Fred Dibnah rabbiting on about water wheels running textile mills. Oh, now he's onto beam engines & coal mines.

Abandoned Engineering. Some abandoned resort complex in Georgia (the one near Russia not the one we kicked the Argies out of or the Septic one): the Olympic base of the USSR. Houska Castle. Some hotel or other in Monrovia, Liberia, before it turned into the classic tuliphole that it is today. The painted desert Arizona. Wupatki Pueblo. Sunset Crater Volcano.

Oak Island nutjobbery. What fatuous conclusions might we expect this week? I wait with bated breath. Or something. Snot on this week. .

The Repair Shoppe: assuming I haven't watched it before. Can't find it on the EPG.

"Madigan (1968)" with Henry Fonda, Harry Guardino, Richard Widmark.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 October 2022, 18:58.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I thought it would only take an hour for me to drop off the hire car up by the Neasden Temple and get back again. However, the traffic was terrible throughout and it took me nearly two hours to do an 8 mile round trip.

Getting the bus back did serve as a fine excuse for stopping at WA Cafe and picking up lunch. A process made more efficient because they are on Deliveroo so I could place an order for collection.
                Last edited by ladymuck; 24 October 2022, 13:06.

Comment

Lunch was some leftover crispy duck

And the various documents signed over the weekend have been scanned, a cover letter printed, and the lot packed in an envelope ready for sending back to the solicitor. Turns out a single first class stamp won't do any more for a C4 envelope, so I had to use two

It's raining, and the solicitor is on holiday this week anyway, so I'm putting off taking it to post. It's my parents' anniversary tomorrow and Amazon haven't yet delivered their card to the Locker, so I'm hoping that turns up soon. Assuming it gets there, I'll be having a teatime drive to the sorting office at the edge of the universe in the hope of getting it to them in time, so I can post the solicitor stuff then

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Lunch was some leftover crispy duck

And the various documents signed over the weekend have been scanned, a cover letter printed, and the lot packed in an envelope ready for sending back to the solicitor. Turns out a single first class stamp won't do any more for a C4 envelope, so I had to use two

It's raining, and the solicitor is on holiday this week anyway, so I'm putting off taking it to post. It's my parents' anniversary tomorrow and Amazon haven't yet delivered their card to the Locker, so I'm hoping that turns up soon. Assuming it gets there, I'll be having a teatime drive to the sorting office at the edge of the universe in the hope of getting it to them in time, so I can post the solicitor stuff then
                    Mod Pali!

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Working...
                      X