• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I believe this is a common problem, which is why I thought I'd try the small ones intended for kids' lunches instead
    its is indeed and the small ones while not such great value (try in pound shops) it solves most of the issues but sometimes I do double up.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Happened upon this on YouTube, about the development of the blue LED. Very interesting stuff

I remember them coming available it was so exciting (sad electronics geek).
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Finished reading The 2020 Commission Report on the North Korean Nuclear Attacks Against The United States. It doesn't end well for either side

Rain due in the next thirty minutes or so, but it's going to be a warm night, not dipping below 11°C

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Rain has stopped over the course of the last hour or so, leaving a gloomy grey morning just getting started out there, with the lingering threat (35%) of a touch more rain around teatime. It's mild though, being 12°C and likely to get to 15° this afternoon; the barometers are barely changed at 996/1004mB

Comment

Morning all
            Almost all the walk was dry, just a couple of very light showers.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Thursday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dreary.

Damp.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 13.7 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 14 deg in the leanto.

1003 mBar, 29.618 in Hg, 752.311 Torr, 14.543 psi, (down from 1006 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 65% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 30th of August 2019 NF rose early having gone to bed before midnight, a thing remarkable enough to require mention.

Happened upon this on YouTube, about the development of the blue LED. Very interesting stuff

Excellent. . Gallium Nitride transistors are a thing because of this.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the ridiculous warmth of the morning.

Lunch: baked spuds etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling about something: catfishing. Sliced Bread waffling about something else: things for cleaning dogs' teeth.

Timed the walk well, it's pissing down now.

Entertainment: NZ customs thing. No frog fat. Pilot busted for fruit in his bag. NZ$400 fine.

Canadian customs thing. The best yet: California girl flies in carrying "medicinal weed in chocolate": handcuffs, not enough to prosecute so returned to USA. Felon without a passport and a photocopy of a driving licence: 42 pages of offences in her record, plus the car was stolen. . Back across the border in handcuffs. Family with baby takes wrong turn looking for some park or other: declares firearms: hubbie has two 9mm pistols in shoulder holsters, wifey has a compact 9mm in the nappy sack. No charges since the guns were declared, guns returned to owners via US customs on their immediate return to septicland. Are they all this fecking clueless? Other than that the usual concealments. And, for a change, a couple of Irishmen, one visiting friend to go hiking, the other (on the dole for 3 years) visting his brother. Chinese chap from Hong Kong wanting to work for his aunt: back to Taiwan he goes. Chap with a DUI: confesses to such and they let him in on some sort of special deal, he'll have to sort things out with the consulate should he want to return in the future.

Oz customs thing. No frog fat.

Tea: chilli con carne etc.

Entertainment: the increasingly irritating PM <click>

UFO bollox on Blaze.

Trucking Hell S8 E3. recovering a truck in a M25 tunnel. Crouch grandson crane tuition. Mud mud glorious mud up north.

Car SOS S11 E4 some racing car or other: Ultima Mk3 whatever the feck that is. It's fitted with that odd 90 degree Renault V6 with 3 chokes: one dual carb, and a single. Very french. The setup they replaced with a Holley on an ep of Wheeler Dealers.

Roy Noble wandering about the Neath valley from Craig y Dinas to Neath chatting with assorted worthies along the way. I don't think I've ever seen the Pont Nedd Fechan gunpowder works before. Made in 2016.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 February 2024, 23:48.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

There was much rain overnight but this morning is bright and sunny with interesting high level clouds. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 16 expected. Rain forecast this evening and overnight. Barometer down a snifter to 1011 mBar.

Booked my car in at the garage to find out what the new noise is and whether it's related to the car taking to steaming up without reason.

Withdrew my offer on the flat. After sleeping on it, I came to the conclusion that the landlady would be a nightmare what with all her stipulations about what you can and can't do in the flat and garden. Luckily I haven't lost any money.

Comment

Withdrew my offer on the flat. After sleeping on it, I came to the conclusion that the landlady would be a nightmare what with all her stipulations about what you can and can't do in the flat and garden. Luckily I haven't lost any money.
                  Morning

That's bad an good in (almost) equal measure

Missing out on a decent/nice/whatever flat :-(

but

Avoiding LL from hell :-)

I think "sleeping on it" decisions tend to be sound!

Comment

I have booked a ticket to see Dune Part 2 at the BFI IMAX on 15 March. That's two weeks after it releases but I had to balance showtime convenience with available seating.

Comment

Lunch was sausage rolls

Moderately busy day, though not helped by having a vague headache which started last night. Could be a stroke, I suppose

And tea is going to be early, as this morning I stuck a whole chicken in the InstantPot™ on a bed of suitable veg covered by a small amount of water, turned the apparatus to "Slow Cooker" mode, and have left it to cook for around eight hours. The fowl is now out of there and browning in the oven, and the liquid has been strained, proving to be a very rich stock, which is now reducing for gravy

Can't be bothered to roast spuds and so on for a full roast dinner, which is why I thought of pot roasting the chicken, just as an experiment. So I'll have it with chips and peas

Comment

Working...
                      X