• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Cloudy start again with some traces of overnight rain on the windows, but relatively warm: 11°C now and maybe reaching 14° later. The barometers are down a touch though, at 997/1005mB

Comment

Morning all
      >11oC and raining as we went out earlier.
      The Wife is very happy with her present, hand crafted by Halo Jones
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dull, wet, raining. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 14 expected. Barometer down a touch to 1013 mBar.

In the office today. Found my usual hide away corner. I think a friend might be in today so I may have company at lunch time.

Contemplating pulling my flat offer before I have to part with any money.

Comment

Morning.

Wednesday.

Grey. Grey. Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Drizzly.

Chilly in here at 13.4 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

1007.5 mBar, 29.751 in Hg, 755.687 Torr, 14.613 psi, (up from 1006 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 29th of August 2019 much gardening was done by WTFH and much massacring of brambles & such like was done by me as I had decided to get rid of the hedge thing at the bottom of the garden and WTFH had cut back the grape vine so he could access the tomato plants.

Freecell score in the drizzly grey dismal morning: 95%, running average: 86%.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about autorenew insurance.

NZ Motorway cops, last 10 minutes.

NZ customs thing. S8 E7: no frog fat but plenty of Chinese "food" and cigarettes*, and an Indian chap bringing in a live plant with earth around the roots, infested with bugs. And the chap from Oregon with a class II conviction for underage sex gets Ore's gone back.

*Nothing to compare with the Spanish cigarette smugglers. . No engines either.

S8 E8: septic cannabis farmer running his gums about how dumb NZ laws are. And a drug I've never heard of: alpha PVP hydrochloride. WTF is wrong with people? Chap with a camera in a pen filming customs. They don't like it much.

Canada customs S2 E2: kiddie fiddler who skipped bail in Nevada caught. Oh dear(tm). Possible life sentence. Oh Dear ^2. Can't find out what happened to him. .

S2 E3: dumb septics R us: woman "out for a drive" crosses border by mistake, on canabis, held for 24 hours before being allowed to drive so 2 more dumb septics come across the border to drive her car back: one drunk, license suspended for DUI, so woman plus car go back across the border on a tow truck. . Chap returning to Canada picks up The Wrong Suitcase: a navy coloured one with lime green rope around it: "that's not my bag" after opening it, you cannot be serious quoth the customs chap, but lo! verily when they went back to the baggage carousel there was Another Navy Suitcase with lime green rope. .

Oz Customs S8 E6. Egyptian with banned food opts for court instead of $340 fine. Woman with butt enhancement found to be carrying H internally.

Freecell score: 71%, running average: 86%.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>.

Wheeler Dealers S12 E6 240Z. <click>

UFO Hunters "Arizona Lights" <click>

Dan Do: a 1441 hall house. Loved the bath.

The Bad Skin Clinic. Child with blisters on her feet. Woman with a 3rd breast on her back. Woman with keloids on both cheeks: GA. 6 hour operation. . She's had them removed previously & they came back. Chap afraid of needles with a nice cyst on the back of his neck.

Dr Pimple Popper. A large woman with psoriasis. A chap with an enormous cyst on his buttock. A chap with two much smaller cysts on his upper back.

Fecking heating pad just died. I may have to do a "running repair" on the thermal fuse in the controller. Otherwise I'll freeze to death in here.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 February 2024, 23:25.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch today has been a bit of a change again: three Soreen lunchbox-sized malt loaves, buttered

That equates to about three slices of a full-sized one, but I reckon I should get a proper one next time as it's all about the squidgy centre, and you don't get as much of that with the small ones. We live and learn, and they still made a nice change

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Lunch today has been a bit of a change again: three Soreen lunchbox-sized malt loaves, buttered

That equates to about three slices of a full-sized one, but I reckon I should get a proper one next time as it's all about the squidgy centre, and you don't get as much of that with the small ones. We live and learn, and they still made a nice change
              I love (Soreen) Malt Loaf...... However I am always worried about the calories.....

Not least as:
              a) I love splodging a ton of butter on each slice
              b) If I eat one nibble I am likely to eat the entire loaf... and then go out and buy some more... and eat them...

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post

I love (Soreen) Malt Loaf...... However I am always worried about the calories.....

Not least as:
                a) I love splodging a ton of butter on each slice
                b) If I eat one nibble I am likely to eat the entire loaf... and then go out and buy some more... and eat them...
                I believe this is a common problem, which is why I thought I'd try the small ones intended for kids' lunches instead

Comment

The afternoon meeting has been had, between showers, and while I was out a major part of the system keeled over in a rather hilarious fashion
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Pork steaks with chips and beans for tea

Accompanied by E2 of To Catch a Copper, C4's thing about the unit that investigates misconduct among the plod of Avon & Somerset

Comment

Happened upon this on YouTube, about the development of the blue LED. Very interesting stuff

Comment

Working...
                      X