• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Was a very starry night (at 4am), but now the clouds are rolling in.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Wet.

Grey.

Sunless: oh look there's a partial eclipse so SNAFU.

Warmish at 17.2 deg in here, 18 deg in the kitchen, 15 deg in the leanto.

1006 mBar, 27.7071 in Hg, 754.56 Torr, 14.5907 psi, (up from 1003 last night), 76% RH.

Tuesday.

While on 16th February 2019 The Cat was banging on the door demanding food, Godot was still waiting, and NF was sorting some sort of list of films.

Managed to see a little of the eclipse whilst the clouds cleared.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked during which a fox was observed near the cemetery.

Sun's out.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a yellow corner yog, marmalade and bramble jelly on slices of toast, 0.91* pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y phonein on care homes etc. which went <click> a couple of times, then transformed into R3 for a while, then, after more frantic twiddling of the dial, eventually went <click> for good.

Shopping trip to Lidl(tm) to see wot's in the Middle: another £33 of tools & suchlike goodies.

Since it was a rather pleasant sunny afternoon (at that time), more fettling of the eventually lawn area done.

Then the existing lawn was mown with the IC's petrol self propelled lawn mower since I fecking paid for it & the fecking petrol that's in it, until, of course, the skies blackened & the rain returned unbidden.

Freecell score: 88%, running average 85%.

Tea: battered cod (or was it haddock?), the last of the stewed pears, 0.91* pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S14 E3 1973 Ford Mustang Mach II Fastback: bought: $18k, total: $25k2, sold: $26k. Watched this last Saturday.

The Rookie S2 E14 "Casualties".
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 October 2022, 17:58.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Next door's overgrown back yard was cleared yesterday, and today they're doing the front. About time too; I'm not averse to a bit of wilderness, but it was in a right state and has been for a couple of years

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Next door's overgrown back yard was cleared yesterday, and today they're doing the front. About time too; I'm not averse to a bit of wilderness, but it was in a right state and has been for a couple of years
          Think of all those homeless foxes, tree rats (squirrels) and rats.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ahh another meeting...
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lunch has been leftover beef chow mein

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Think of all those homeless foxes, tree rats (squirrels) and rats.
                Not sure there were any foxes or squirrels, though rats wouldn't surprise me

There's a squirrel I've seen around the far end of the back of the terrace, mainly ditzing around by the oak tree in one of the yards there. And I've occasionally seen a fox about, again over towards the far end at the back. Not sure if it lives around there, or just pops in when it's passing. Generally, I'd expect such things to be settling in the big back gardens of the houses up the side roads rather than the yards along this side of the block, and certainly in preference to the front

Comment

I'm not averse to a bit of wilderness, but it was in a right state and has been for a couple of years
                  Be glad you don't live next to me.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Productive day at the office. I'm being given more work so I hope ClientCo accept my rate increase proposal for the extension due to start in December. Will see when the paperwork comes through (or not).

Ents has been two episodes of The Repair Shop.

Comment

Tea has been chicken in red wine sauce with chips and peas

And tomorrow's tea will be chicken casserole. I know this because I normally get chicken thighs by the 1kg, which is about six, which makes three portions of casseroles and similar dishes. But Sainsbury's only had the 2kg packs when I was there, so I now have to use the other 1kg tomorrow. I should get a bigger casserole

Comment

Working...
                      X