• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washed some jumpers, some of which will be going to the Oxfam recycling, some of which will be keeping me warm

And I also remembered to submit the meter readings ahead of tomorrow's price rise

I'm looking forward to getting in the new flat and having central heating. I'm not sure the venerable gas fire in here will be economically viable for the coming winter

Comment

Power cut - stuck in dark for 5 minutes. Now have to go round resetting all the clocks again. Bah!
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I can't submit any meter readings as British Gas are blocking my move to Shell Energy who I had at my previous flat. Instead of sending my intended supplier a corrected gas meter reading, after I spent a month trying to get them to see that there was no way I used a year's worth of gas during the hottest month for a decade, they decided trigger the 'Erroneous Transfer' process and stop the move.

At the moment I am stuck between two suppliers and cannot submit a meter reading to either of them.

Comment

Tea has been one of those thick-cut ribeye steaks with the usual chips, fried onions and beans

Accompanied by a recent episode of Trucking Hell

The car earlier was a Chevrolet LUV pickup truck, which it turns out is a rebadged Isuzu. USA show of course, so no details of its fate.

And today's selection of opal hunters seemed to be doing OK for the most part.

Comment

Ents has been the latest episode of The Repair Shop. No fluffy toys. A beautiful table though and I do like the book binding chap.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Oh and sort out an umbrella firm....
              Have a

Then speak to Lucy and tell her I sent you.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

TFBSZ.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Next (2007) in which Nic Cage plays an off brand Las Vegas magician… but his powers are real! Though also minimal. Yet they're enough that the FBI tracks him down and coerces him into helping them with a Big Important Thing. It's actually pretty good this one; pure hokum, but in a good way. I liked it

And then a rewatch of Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) because former denizen of TPD voodooflux retweeted an interesting thread about certain aspects of the cinematography on Twitter on Friday morning, which reminded me that I hadn't watched it in a while and also gave me something new to look out for whilst watching

And then… well, we have to go back to last Friday, when I watched The Omen (1976) for the first time since, I think, the 1980s; and then Train to Busan (2016) for the first time since last year. Both excellent, though I didn't get around to recording the watchings then

But after them I rewatched the first couple of episodes of The West Wing, and tonight I've rewatched the next couple of episodes. So I suppose I'm that guy who's rewatching The West Wing now

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Ents has been the latest episode of The Repair Shop. No fluffy toys. A beautiful table though and I do like the book binding chap.
                    Bookbinding is good. I got interested in it as an ancillary thing to my letterpress printing hobby when a teenager

One year, those of us who did Latin all had a new textbook of Latin poetry but the glue was crap and even the teachers were having to deal with entire signatures (sections of pages) falling out of their books. I rebound mine in hardback, and even went to the trouble of printing labels for the front and spine with the title and authors. My Latin teacher was fascinated; I remember him taking the book off me and turning it over and over, saying "You did this?"

Looking back, maybe he wanted me to rebind his but didn't like to ask?

Comment

Morning.

Dry (as in it's not currently raining).

Damp (after yesterday's deluge).

Chilly in here at 15.7 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen (probably due to the kettle), 14 deg in the leanto.

Sunless.

Blue sky in parts.

1003 mBar, 29.618 in Hg, 752.3 Torr, 14.55 psi, (up from 998 last night, up, in turn, from 996 earlier), 73% RH.

Saturday apparently.

Just put the waxed jacket (Lidl(tm), not at all waterproof) on the line, the rest of the stuff out there is still damp, verging on wet.

Meanwhile back in 13th January 2019 I was taking crap down the tip for the Idle Pair of ***** next door, and NF Snr was recovering slowly in hospital after his op.

Walk (unabbreviated ) walked in the intermittent wan sunshine & grey gloom.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S4 E5 & 6: Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce 2000. Feck me it's K reg (72), Italian, in the UK, but it's still taxed & tested, with few MOT failures since 2006. Someone loves it. It's one of the half hour two ep productions from 2006.

Ah, dear dead days beyond recall: MB found the car in one of those Yellow Papers of yore. Haven't seen one of those recently (other than the old one in the shed).

It rained. Washing taken in.

It stopped raining. Washing pegged back out.

Wheeler Dealers S1 E7 & 8: 1967 Austin Mini. Judging by the MOT site it didn't last much longer.

Just had a pear that had a spot on it: not far off eating a raw potato. Ho hum.

Wheeler Dealers S11 E4 Citroen 2CV: seen it before, but it's amusing enough.

Wheeler Dealers S6 E13: Mini City: MOT expired 2016 and it took over 6 months to get the previous one so I'd guess it's scrap.

This got the wrap thing done to it, similar to that AMC thing in S13, though this time it was a pseudo carbon fibre wrap on a black mini rather than the psychedelic reflective thing on the AMC. It sold at auction.

More sorting of crap: nearly all done now. . Nearly had a fire that wouldn't go out, but stirring up the ashes stopped that.

Tea: spag with not very fiery bol, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Mystic Britain: Maes How. followed by The Druids.

The final episode of The Sweeney S4 E14 "Jack or Knave" where Jack is accused of corruption.

This box set is completely bare bones: no commentary, 1 audio track, & no subtitles. The 14th dvd has the above ep on it & that's it.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 October 2022, 21:33.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X