• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just back from weekend with my sister towards Ludlow. Quite nice time with the old ratbag and met up for lunch with old workmate but driving there was nightmare! Just one traffic jam after another. Not sure I can face it again.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

If you get a Moderna booster, I recommend clearing your diary for a couple of days afterward
      Had it last week and no problems at all. Tripped at top of wooden stairs yesterday in sister's Victorian house, slid all the way down and landed on tiled floor at bottom. Bit of a brooze on arm, else nowt at all. I am Superman!
      bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Gives you more time to focus on your upcoming move
          Gives me more time for the place to be repossessed because I can't pay the mortgage once I'm in there

Comment

Darn it! None of the games on my kids' interactive nature game site was working although haven't done anything with it for years. Turns out there is a now a new undocumented element style property called scale. Changing a global variable name from scale to myscale sorted it. Same thing happened years ago when I was using x and y for position.
            Last edited by xoggoth; 26 September 2022, 20:25.
            bloggoth

Comment

Tea has been slow braised beef short ribs, boneless, in a Kansa City style sauce, with chips

The ribs were out of a packet; I'm not going to all that trouble on a Monday evening

Nice enough, though I don't think I'd bother having them too often

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Darn it! None of the games on my kids' interactive nature game site was working although haven't done anything with it for years. Turns out there is a now a new undocumented element style property called scale. Changing a global variable name from scale to myscale sorted it. Same thing happened years ago when I was using x and y for position.
                Not actually undocumented: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/scale

But it's a good reason not to use global variables in JavaScript - you never know what they'll add to the global scope next

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Not actually undocumented: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/scale

But it's a good reason not to use global variables in JavaScript - you never know what they'll add to the global scope next
                  isn't that jquery's $ ?

But yep - create and use your own namespace for safety...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Looks like the possible gig continuing at the department through a different consultancy has fallen through - it seems they found someone internally, which I suspect is my civil servant colleague from last year's project, as she recently started contributing to the relevant repository

Oh well, onwards and upwards!
                    so much better without work getting in the way!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

isn't that jquery's $ ?

But yep - create and use your own namespace for safety...
                      When jQuery was first being created by John Resig there were already a number of libraries that defined a global $ variable, so he included an explicit way of ensuring that jQuery didn't hijack it if you happened to also be using one of them: jQuery.noConflict(). You can even use it to run two different versions of jQuery simultaneously on the same page if you really have to

Comment

Working...
                      X