• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Breaking news from London: somebody in the office took the Tube to work this morning and sat next to Rishi Sunak. How are the mighty fallen!
    I suspect that he is quite happy going on the tube.

I’ve had a conversation in the past with him regarding why he went to the Vue cinema in Darlo when we drive to Catterick because the Empire is nicer.

another upside is watching the squaddies reactions as adverts for the royal navy, raf and marines are shown.

in other news found somewhere quiet and free to work in Manchester (at least when students aren’t around. The reading room in the John Rylands library has seats you can use for private study.
    Last edited by eek; 14 September 2022, 14:23.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      As the cortege leaves Buckingham Palace, I can report that my colleague in London has an excellent view down into the temporary urinals in Horseguards Parade

View of Horseguards Parade from upstairs in the Old Admiralty Building. Crowds await the procession. In the distance, the Houses of Parliament.

Good job KC didn't stop for a widdle

Comment

Nice walk with loony lady 2 earlier after our book, ie yacking about drivel, club. Finally got the error in my accounts balance sheet down to £142. Phew!
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Spag bol for tea. Delicious

Comment

The repeated car earlier was an Alfa Romeo Alfasud; taxed until December, MOT until next June

And the opal hunters hunted opals.

Then some old Lincolnshire Police Interceptors

And finally the corner shop programme on iPlayer, which was good. They never mentioned Leicester much, other than the shameful episode of the city council taking out advertisements in Ugandan newspapers telling expelled Asians not to come here, which didn't just fail miserably, it led to a lot of them coming here to see what was so special about the place

Despite that, there were a number of those brief "this is a city street in the 1970s" shots that were of places round here. I even recognised a couple of shops on Belgrave Road and C&A on Charles Street, though they're all long gone. And there was one shot of kids playing on a bit of undeveloped land with a backdrop of a council estate with tower blocks and maisonettes that I instantly recognised as the St. Peter's Estate; the bit of land in question is roughly where the Highfields Library and the neighbouring Community Centre now stand

I thought they'd make it all the way through without playing anything by Cornershop, but sure enough they squeezed them in literally at the last minute, playing Brimful of Asha over the end credits

I worked with Tjinder from Cornershop in a pub for a few weeks back in the day, but he packed it in, and has since described himself in interviews as the worst barman in the world. It's true that he was not only inexperienced but also deeply lacking in knowledge of drinks (he once had to check with me whether somebody asking for a whiskey and lemonade meant "in the same glass"), but he's a very nice chap, and I'm sure he would have been fine once he got the hang of it. His brother Avtar, who was also in the band, started working there instead and had more baseline knowledge. Avtar ended up leaving the band a year or so later and went into retail menswear; I still see him around occasionally.

The last time I saw Tjinder, he was behind me in the queue at the Phoenix Theatre bar on a Friday night. We weren't there for a show; a number of musicians I knew would go there for the evening or drop in for a bit, because it was a nice peaceful place for a drink except during the interval. It happened to be the interval, hence the queue. I asked him how he and the band were doing, and he told me they'd just come back from touring the USA supporting Oasis.

And the following Friday, before I left home to go there, I watched him and the band on the telly, as Brimful of Asha had shot to number one and they were on Top of the Pops

Goodnight all

Comment

Evening all

TNCB 150055Z 09010KT 050V120 9999 SCT017 29/24 Q1012

late one today however today’s dive sites were;

Invisibles
              Salt city - which joins into invisibles if you go far enough
              Bari/House reef in search of a Frog fish that was reported to be hanging around. Was found exactly as described
              Bari/House reef Night dive.

knackered.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another reported-cloudy-but-more-often-sunny-because-of-the-gaps start out. Currently 13°C, and not expected to get beyond 16°; the barometers are back up a bit at 1004/1012mB

Comment

Morning all
                  The band of dark cloud that was hanging around earlier is moving east, leaving blue skies above.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Currently greyish with a hint of brightness.

Cooler at 19.8 deg in here.

1010 mBar, 29.82528 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.6488 psi, (up from 1007 last night), 74% RH.

Thursday apparently, I have vague recollections of the recycling engineers making their merry way along the road a little earlier.

Meanwhile back in 28th December 2018 NF was on a futile search for M&S discounted pigs in blankets, Xogg was streetviewing again, and I was half killing myself filling in potholes in the back lane, followed by a viewing of that Xmas special: "The Great Escape" which seems to have been rather more satisfying than "Magnolia" proved to be.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the chilly grey gloom.

Wandered around town in a futile attempt to find some Vim or Ajax which appears to be unavailable these days.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y, now something about bog roll.

Freecell score: 75% (if that), running average 85%.

More potching on the electrick field mill: it's coming along, slowly.

Entertainment: the science stuff at 16:00 to 17:00 on R4 on Thursdays.

Tea: the first portion of the remarkably unfiery chilli con carne with rice, some peach slices, a yog or two, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Wheeler Dealers S12 E13: Caterham 7. SORN. MOT until September 2023.

The Sweeney S3 E6 "Bad Apple": police corruption: who'd have thunk? .

Trucking Hell S6 E3: No Rory. d

Ancient Aliens bollox on Blaze.

The Sweeney S3 E7 "May": or don't go banging Mr Big's wife even if he's banged up, it doesn't end well.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 September 2022, 07:51.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy out but seems bright. Chilly northerly breeze. Currently 15 degrees with a high of 19 expected. Low chance of rain. Barometer up to 1010 mBar.

HWMBO arrived back yesterday afternoon for a couple of days before he heads home to remind his children what he looks like.

Comment

Working...
                      X