• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Amongst other things, 12l of apple juice pressed out of windfalls today.
    Tomorrow I may start picking apples.

For now, TFBSZ
    We need to do that but Mr C has hurt his back and is unable to climb the ladder.
    And I’m not sure I’m allowed to do it as he can’t spot the ladder for me.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

CBS.

Sunny.

Cooler in here at 20.5 deg (whilst it's 19 deg in the leanto).

1018 mBar, 30.06 in Hg, 763.56 Torr, 14.765 psi, (up from 1017 last night), 73% RH.

Monday.

The glow of the telex machine being enhanced by the Ending of Alias last evening.

Meanwhile back in December 11th 2018 NF slept late & suffered a power cut, whilst Eek paid a flying visit having been mentioned by SWMBO Specifically In General.

The morning's waking dream seemed to involve the nightmare of working in ?California?, possibly in Siliconix Santa Clara (which doesn't exist any more), along with much pontificating about recreating the General Automation GA16-220 via some notional "sea of gates" chips. . Curiously the working in California thing seemed to involve the next vaccination against the plague & how much it would cost. .

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the CBS & sunshine.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalde slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Trip down town to Wilko to buy some Gorilla glue (stone me it's expensive) and a new lock for the living room door so it compresses the draught proofing to reduce the howling gale during the oncoming winter.

So it's now returned to the type of lock it had back in the late 1930s, though the handles are el cheapo chrome plated rather than bakelite (the remains of one of which was never removed from the inside of the box room door).

In fact these: https://rebornbakelite.co.uk/product...RoC8c0QAvD_BwE

After which exertion I felt quite odd, so sat down for a while.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Ancient Aliens bollox: all about Eric von whotsit.

Alien Files Unsealed: Die Glocke. That rings a bell. : (see wot I did there? Geddit? Geddit?). Xerum525.

More Aliens bollox of such quality that it's approaches the nadir even of my taste. .

Here's what "we" did to doors back in the 60s (as, in fact, was done to the doors in my house):

And as he says, a couple or three decades later everyone was pulling the hardboard off said doors & painting them white again, no doubt poisoning themselves in the process due to the lead in the old paint.

Entertainment: the easter eggs on the red Alias dvd: it occupied an otherwise tedious 20 minutes or so. .

The Sweeney S1 E1 "Ringer": the one with Brian Blessed and Ian Hendry in it. Oh, and the recently late June Brown.

Bit of "Highlander".

Bit of "First Blood" (the bit where the pig falls out of the helicopter).

The Sweeney S1 E2 "Jackpot": the one with the missing £35k bag of money, back in the days (1975) when £35k was A Lot of Money.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 August 2022, 21:45.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
        CBS and a breeze this morning. The breeze has meant another 30+ apples have blown down. The discussion has already been had about making more juice.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Nice long sleep-in this morning, to mark the annual festival of Arbitrary Date at the End of August to Tide People Over Until Christmas

It's a grey but dry day out, currently 17°C and maybe reaching 20° later; the barometers are up a little at 1017/1025mB

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Lunch: sausage and bacon butty

I rushed around getting to ready so I could eat it whilst watching the Artemis I launch. Then they cancelled it

Comment

Yes, I was a bit disappointed by that and I won’t be around on Friday if they try again then.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Afternoon all

METAR EGFF 291620Z AUTO 07013KT 9999 NCD 23/10 Q1022=

Checking through a box of external HDDs has unearthed previously assumed lost video footage from a dive trip in 2015 to Jardina De La Reina in Cuba. I thought the only copy was on another drive that bricked itself.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Lunch: sausage and bacon butty

I rushed around getting to ready so I could eat it whilst watching the Artemis I launch. Then they cancelled it
                    I seem to recall much the same thing happening for the first shuttle launch, though I was busy change a metal brake pipe whilst watching a portable tv balanced on the roof of the car.

Hope you weren't looking forward to Wheeler Dealers coz it's not on.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

I seem to recall much the same thing happening for the first shuttle launch, though I was busy change a metal brake pipe whilst watching a portable tv balanced on the roof of the car.

Hope you weren't looking forward to Wheeler Dealers coz it's not on.
                      Yes, I noticed when I checked the schedule earlier. They do weird things on that channel on Bank Holidays; today, they've decided to show nothing but that antiques dealer bloke for most of the evening

Comment

Working...
                      X