• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As it was the fortieth anniversary of its release, tonight's major motion picture has been TRON (1982). Still excellent after all these years

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc. Off to the beach for a walk.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

UnCool in here at 21.2 deg.:.

1023 mBar, 30.21 in Hg, 767.3131 Torr, 14.8373 psi, (down from 1025 last night), 73% RH.

Sunday judging by the crap emitted by the wireless. WTF?

BH is getting worse & worse. It went <click> then <unclick> a bit later.

Walk (abbreviated & different route) walked in the unseasonal sunshine.

Lunch: pea & ham soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, some sort of indeterminate corner yog with a flavour so unrecognisable as to be remarkable, won't be buying those again, another yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Just a minute.

One was mildly alarmed to observe one of those Porsche SUVs (like the one potched about with on Wheeler Dealers last week) parked up alongside a Merc near here.

Oddly enough they're about 5 doors along from the housing association properties. ..

Must be "white settlers". Now there's a term I've not heard for a while. .

Entertainment in the white heat of the afternoon: DSOTM from Pulse.

Comfortably Numb from "The Wall Live", a rather expensive purchase at £29.99 () that's not been played much.

Stone me, it's £75 on Amazon.

Comfortably Number from "The Wall" (£22.50 about 30 years ago ).

"The Final Cut", "Not Now John", & "Two suns in the sunset" from "The Final Cut".

Persuaded Strangelove sister to engage an electrician to deal with some electrics. It'd cost far too much for me to go there & lend a hand.

Tea: lamb's liver with bacon & onion gravy, stewed gooseberries and custard, another indeterminate yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: bit of a thing about The Godfather on BBC News24.

Exploration Volcano on Dave: after last week's tropical Congo, this week it's Iceland and the glacier covered Katla, the big brother to that little volcano that shut down all airtraffic over Europe when it erupted.

Gosh. Look wot watching "Wheeler Dealers" has brought to the adverts I'm served:

https://metztools.com/product-category/english-wheels

Every home should have one. .

Am Dro: Vale of Glamorgan, Pembroke, Llyn Peninsula, Anglesey (Holyhead).

UFO: S1 E3.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 July 2022, 20:05.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

UnCool in here at 21.2 deg
          27 in me office. Must open der fenster.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning denizens

Another sunny start here, already up to 22°C and probably reaching 28° this afternoon. Barometers are down a little though, at 1019/1027mB

Internally, it's about 26° in the living room.

Comment

Hottest day of the year, I would imagine, round here at least; so naturally some reasonably strenuous physical exertion was called for. Therefore I carted a load of stuff out to the car and took it to either the tip or the self-storage place, which are conveniently located across the road from each other.

TBH it's a toss-up deciding to which of them some of it should have gone

The green ring is two-thirds closed just from running up and down stairs

Comment

Late lunch of a bacon butty

And a towel wash I intended to do on Friday and repeatedly forgot about has finally been started

Comment

Nice tea of a burger and fries

Comment

TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Telly today was a thing with antiques restorers, which included the construction of a letter for a neon - well, neon-argon - sign, which was quite interesting

Then an old episode of The Repair Shop, including fixing a clockwork speedo for a Lagonda. And now a bit of the repeat of last Monday's opal hunting thing, but I'm going to bed in a minute and I saw it then anyway

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X