• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    A bit wet out (the garden will appreciate it), so have delayed the walk until lunchtime
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

"Mostly cloudy" out, though I'd say wholly cloudy, though supposedly some gaps might open up shortly. Currently 13°C with 18° expected this afternoon, no rain prophesied, and the barometers are sharply down at 1005/1013mB

Comment

All the little cellar spiders are popping up in the house again. One of the many things I don't understand about nature, what on earth do house or cellar spiders eat? No insects around that I can see.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

^^^ Said spiders are checking if you're still breathing. Plenty of flies about if you're not.

Morning.

Damp.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Less chilly in here at 17.8 deg.

1012 mBar, 29.88 in Hg, 759.1 Torr, 14.6778 psi, (down from 1013 last night), 73% RH.

Breezy.

Tuesday apparently.

I may resume the massacre of the brambles today, seeing as they've had about 6 weeks to grow out of control.

Walk (unabbreviated & unextended) walked in the grey gloom interspersed with drizzle and rain.

Just as well I took a brolly with me.

TV Times purchased.

Lunch: baked potatoes with cheese & baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Due to the inclemency of the weather, I suspect the gardening is left for another day.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 84.545%.

Sun came out: brambles, ivy, & cleavers duly massacred.

Greenhouse now half full of detritus again. .

Entertainment: Discovering Tom Hanks: thought it seemed a bit familiar, I watched it last month.

Tea: Tesco battered cod, the last of the fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Farscape S2 E5 "The way we weren't": the Pilot replacement one.

Pembrokeshire farm thing with Griff Rhys Jones & sprog

Ancient Engineering: the power of water. Water Water everywhere and all the boards did shrink.

FBI S1 E12 "A new dawn"..

Thing on PBS about Operation Azorian: the attempted raising of K-129.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 May 2022, 21:55.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Another scorchio sunny day here. It's 22 degrees and a high of 23 expected. Although I suspect it will get higher than that.

We leave Malaga this afternoon, just deciding what to do in town this morning. Get a decent cup of coffee, most likely.

Comment

We didn't go back into town as it felt like we didn't really have time once we'd gotten ourselves organised.

Just left Malaga and are taking a leisurely pootle towards Palma, Mallorca.

Comment

Lunch has been Scotch broth with multiseed bread

And the other developer seems to have vanished and I can't really move on until he's approved a PR, so I'm having a cup of coffee and some ginger nuts

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  We didn't go back into town as it felt like we didn't really have time once we'd gotten ourselves organised.

Just left Malaga and are taking a leisurely pootle towards Palma, Mallorca.
                  Just over 1nm from port now, I see

Comment

Afternoon.

I think LM should stay on holiday as it is sunny in London town. Was grey early but now the sun has got his hat on! 19 degrees.

Ran out to mow the lawn.

Back to work.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Very pleasant out there; just enough white fluffiness hanging around to soften the warm glow of the sun, and a bit of a breeze too

Comment

Working...
                      X