• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the A&E show, next up was Gomorrah S1E11, Cento modi per uccidere (TV Episode 2014) in which life in the Naples underworld doesn't get better for anyone, though shorter for some

I did think of watching another air crash programme after that but realised I actually felt fairly tired, so I decided to get an early night for a change

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

A bit wet out and quite cold, but warm and dry in my office.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Damply Dry.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Cold at 12.6 deg in here.

1007 mBar, 29.736 in Hg, 755.3 Torr, 14.6 psi, (down from 1010 mBar last night), 70% RH.

Thursday.

Wars don't start on Wednesdays, it's Thursday mornings you have to look out for.

Defcon 4 so far.

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, & put away.

No actinic flashes yet.

Lunch: pea & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: a brief five minutes of TWAO which was all I could stomach in the way of what ifs, whys & wherefores.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the biting wind and intermittent cold sunshine. Tops of the mountains up the valley looking promisingly white.

Tea: fiery chilli con carne and rice, the last of the pears, two yogs, 0.91 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

Entertainment: Discovering George C. Scott.

Quantum Leap S5 E8 "Trilogy Part I": another spooky one.

Bab5 S5 E5 "Learning Curve".

Trucking Hell S5 E13: Rory! Tree! Chainsaws!

"The big freeze 1963": a proper winter when the sea froze.

Bab5 S5 E6 "Strange Relations". Bester's back.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 February 2022, 22:37.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Overcast, dull, damp. Currently 3 degrees ('feels like' -1). Light showers expected this morning and then supposed to clear this afternoon.

Rubbish sleep, usual thing of unusual surroundings, not trusting my phone to wake me up, etc.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another sunny start now turning cloudier and windier, though expected to brighten up again towards teatime. Comparatively chilly too: currently 4°C, no more than 5° expected later. Barometers are dropping again at 997/1005mB

Comment

Lunch: Scotch broth with multiseed bread

Comment

I was thinking of doing the shopping this afternoon, but the weather tomorrow looks better, so I think I'll leave it until then

Comment

^^^ It rained on me this morning and the wind was quite biting despite the intermittent sunshine.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

A rather biting wind meant both scarf and hat were in use. Then, a little past halfway round… snow!

Very light though and not settling in any way, and it only lasted for about five or ten minutes. Now I'm home, of course, it's completely ceased and the sun is coming out. Not falling for that

Comment

Blue skies and sun streaming in through the windows at the rear of the house. Shame I'm at the front, looking out at clouds.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X