• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

I hope you up loaded an unboxing video. Such mundane things make interesting entertainment.
    Sadly, I didn't think of that

Comment

Evening all

Lovely sunny day today.

HWMBO and I took a train down to the parentals to see them before went on holiday, as it's my Dad's birthday on 4 May. I picked up my car from them that I'd left behind for rust repairs. It didn't start, which then required me to call my brother to bring round jump leads. The drive home was uneventful until reaching Putney where all traffic came to a halt. Found a reasonable parking space a few doors up. I probably could have parked closer but I wasn't in the mood for faffing and picked a space a small bus could fit in to.

Dinner was a take away from Hare and Tortoise on the high street.

Ents was an episode of The Curse of Oak Island and some tat on YouTube.

Comment

Same date as Strangelove Pater.

I'll have to get him some flowers though the last bunch of daffs I bought for Strangelove Mater seemed to have been consumed by something and were rather disappointing..
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Signs (2002), in which crop circles play a significant role. I always liked crop circles; it's a shame people don't seem to bother making them any more, though I daresay I'd feel differently if they were my crops

And then, as it was the anniversary of Hitler and his doxy topping themselves in Berlin in 1945 (well, it was yesterday, which is close enough), it seemed reasonable to watch Downfall (2004) again. It's remarkable just how badly you can **** a country up by simply pandering to the petty prejudices of the more intellectually challenged members of society in the most extreme manner possible. (This is also how you end up with the Daily Mail.)

The end credits reminded me that although I've read Traudl Junge's memoir Until the Final Hour, I haven't read the other book on which the film is based, Joachim Fest's Inside Hitler's Bunker. So I popped on Amazon and ordered it. I was a bit disconcerted to discover that it's on same day delivery, so will probably be in the Amazon Locker before I wake up; and this on a Bank Holiday weekend

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all It’s a bit murky out and there’s rain forecast for later.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Sunless.

Raining.

Chilly at 15.1 deg in here.

1021 mBar, 30.15 in Hg, 765.8 Torr, 14.808 psi, (down from 1024 last night), 68% RH.

Sunday.

The weather's unborked itself to celebrate the BH..

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

It didn't rain on me.

Lunch: Brains faggots, a yog, a yellow corner yog, some peach slices, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I think I've had enough of Mr Brains products for a long while.

Entertainment: The Unbelievable truth (again), The food programme, TWTW.

"Western Union (1941)" with that Randolph Scott geezer.

For unknown & unquantifiable reasons I wanted a cup of coffee. So I made one.

'Ere, some of the Indians in the film are actually Native Americans (though one of them is from NY), the rest are anglos.

Then 3 eps of "Strange Things" on Blaze, this being a UK version that manages not to mention Ancient Aliens, their artifacts, DNA, or employ the fright haired nutter of Greek descent, thankfully.

It even managed to cover The Fleming Diode, The Difference Engine #1, and assorted other stuff of varying innerest, all of which was less fatuous than the Ancient Alien Researchers and their wont

Tea: lentil & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, 2 yogs, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: something about Welsh beaches on More4.

Possibly followed by another ep of Alias if I can bring myself to watch it, if not, then sommat else, possibly Sledge Hammer, which last I recall being moderately amusing some 30 years ago, but judging by the current response to Alias, this may, indeed, be some sort of delusion.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 May 2022, 18:50.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Gloomy grey day out, and rain expected a bit later; I think there have been showers earlier too. Currently 11°C and maybe reaching 12°, and the barometers are down a bit more at 1014/1022mB

Did an LFT because I haven't done one in a week or so. Negative

Comment

Was it breakfast? Was it lunch? Was it even an early tea? Whatever it was, it was a sausage and bacon baguette with lashings of red sauce; and exceedingly nice it was too

Comment

Beach walk this morning, followed by long walk to/from a pub for a very nice lunch. 20,839 steps so far today.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Evening all

Today has been a day of packing and cleaning before holiday tomorrow. Looks like there might have been some rain at some point.

I will endeavour to resume normal service at some point as I have fallen out of the habit starting the day properly with my morning posts

Comment

Working...
                      X