• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    So I'm now waiting to hear if the people who use this will be told to look over at the far end of the spreadsheet, or whether I'm to replicate the same data items under a different column heading near the start just to avoid confusing anybody. Ah well, at least it'll be a quick fix if it's needed
    Turns out the spreadsheet is fine as it is, now they know. But the same app also has its data extracted to a different place, and that expects something other than CSV, so there's a completely different API endpoint and that one needs changing instead

It occurs to me that as this single app provides its data in about four or five different formats, at least one of which gets forgotten every time something is added to the app, it would be much better if it just produced everything as XML. Then the different endpoints could just transform it with some suitable XSLT. That way, all the endpoints would always have all the data.

Ironically, XML is one of the few data transfer formats the damn thing doesn't support

Comment

Right, that's me done, and I am ready for the long weekend!

Comment

Evening folks

Apologies for the tardiness. No idea what the barometer was up to today. It didn't rain is all I can report.

My last day at the coal face was done. All documentation agreed and handed over.

I was client-free for 30 mins between logging off and receiving a call offering me my next gig. I'm so glad I booked a holiday.

The rate is a lot lower but it's a new sector doing something I've not done before (who was it that was bleating about being unable to switch industries?) and has potential for longevity so not a bad deal overall.

Comment

Ohh Henry Xtra....

I seem to be in meetings or having to do some work these days.

I don't like this remote working post pandemic I seem to actually do some work most of the day like when I WFH pre-pandemic. May have to find a hybrid role where at least I won't have to do work 2 days a week.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Ahh you get the Henry tools I brought for my Henry. My Henry is 15 years old
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Tea: roast gammon, chips, fried eggs, and beans. Lovely stuff

Accompanied by yet another new episode of Police Interceptors

The car earlier was a Toyota Supra from the 1980s, the gold diggers had their usual ups and downs, and the antiques bloke went to a few places that were quite interesting while the gammon was roasting

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                My last day at the coal face was done. All documentation agreed and handed over.

I was client-free for 30 mins between logging off and receiving a call offering me my next gig. I'm so glad I booked a holiday.

The rate is a lot lower but it's a new sector doing something I've not done before (who was it that was bleating about being unable to switch industries?) and has potential for longevity so not a bad deal overall.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Ahh you get the Henry tools I brought for my Henry. My Henry is 15 years old
                  Yes, it has a good range of tools and also has a larger capacity, meaning it'll take longer for it to get full and then sit there doing nothing for ages while I put off emptying it

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Evening folks

Apologies for the tardiness. No idea what the barometer was up to today. It didn't rain is all I can report.

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

HWMBO made a very delicious niçoise salad and "picky bits" for dinner, accompanied by cocktails.

Our cabin upgrade bid for our holiday was accepted so we have a very good cabin on the cruise rather than an acceptable one.

Ents has been The Great British Dig on All4.

Comment

Working...
                      X