• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    And the bins still haven't been done, which is annoying as I now have a large amount of cardboard packaging I want to dispose of
    No sooner had I posted that than I recalled that the bin was only about half full when I put it out. So I hastily grabbed all the loose bits like inner boxes and spacers, plus the flaps I'd cut off the top, and made a quick trip down to stick them in there. Then I cut the box up into manageable pieces and headed back down with them - and the bin had just been emptied

I could have chased them up the road, but there wasn't that much left so it can wait for next week; and the bin has been safely retrieved

After all that excitement, lunch: Heinz tomato soup with seedy bloomer toast

Comment

Friday afternoon, and the people of whom I'm trying to ask questions are all showing "last seen one hour ago" in Teams

Comment

Knocked off, and the casserole is in the oven on low; going to give it a couple of hours to make the chicken nice and tender

The new chair is, I think, going to be a success; I'm still suffering a little from the results of assembling it (as also happened with the recliner at Christmas), but the specific bits of creakiness that the old chair seemed to be exacerbating are much better than they have been getting by this time of day

Comment

Tea has been chicken in red wine, cooked slowly to maximise tenderness as noted, with chips and peas. Exceedingly tasty

That was accompanied by Trucking Hell

Earlier viewing: the car was a Caterham 7; the gold diggers experienced ups and downs with timing strangely convenient for the purposes of the programme; and the antiques chap was a special with Johnny Vegas coming along to learn the tricks of the trade.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            That was accompanied by Trucking Hell
            S5E11 to be precise. At around 29 minutes in, there's a brief glimpse of the Vale of the Mighty Windmills of Kelmarsh, close to J2 of the A14

Comment

Two - two! - major motion picture premieres tonight, starting with Joker (2019) which explores the origins of the eponymous Batman character. No bundle of laughs here though; it's very good, but it's blunt in its depiction of the psychological and social trauma that would lead a person to develop into that character. The culmination is when it finally turns funny, and very funny IMHO. But perhaps there's something wrong with me, for me to laugh at that? It kind of leads you down that path, which leaves you wondering more about yourself than the Joker. Very good, but maybe not what you expected to find when you went in

And then Gemini Man (2019) which is supposedly about Will Smith the deadly killer being pursued by a younger clone of himself (also a deadly killer, because there wouldn't be much point if the clone was a chartered surveyor or suchlike). But it seems to be more about a scriptwriting team that didn't manage to get very far past the initial concept so just chucked a bunch of tired tropes into the mix and said "Will this do?" and it doesn't really. I watched it so you don't have to

And then some addictive ITV crime stuff but I managed to stop part-way through (because it's longer than most of them) so details of that once it's done

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc. might go to the beach for a walk and then picnic lunch.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

^^^ Fortunately I managed to resist the desire to purchase the Gemini thing along with anything else that features Bruce Willis on the cover. Lesson learned there then. .

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Hazy.

Polleny.

Chilly at 14 deg in here (how does it manage to feel colder than when it was 11 deg?).

1030 mBar, 30.4 in Hg, 772.6 Torr, 14.94 psi, (up from 1029 mbar last night) 72% RH.

Saturday.

Awakened due to overheating at 05:35.

Freecell score: 93%, running average 84%.

Lunch: lenil & ham soup with sunflower & pumpkin seed bread, a red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Due to the early awakening, now very dozy, though Freecell score: 100%, running average 90.92%.

Entertainment: The Now Show.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Freecell score: 100%, runnning average 90.9% despite the throwing in of A very difficult one.

Tea: spag & fiery bol, a yog or two, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea, plus a bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread (because I'm worth it).

Entertainment: Ancient Alien bollox on Blaze, this one with Kevin Warrick, he of the cybernetics bollox.

The previous one had dear old Wernher and the Saturn V which was apparently all due to alien hypnotic suggestion or something.

Steve Jobs featured a bit as well.

Alias S1 E6 "Reckoning".

Alias S1 E7 "Color (sp) Blind": the one with John Hannah.

Alias S1 E8 "Time will tell".

Alias S1 E9 "Mea Culpa". Mole hunt.

Alias S1 E10 "Spirit".

I didn't realise that the rather lovely Sarah Shahi is in S1.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 March 2022, 22:58.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Sunny again. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 17 forecast. Barometer up a tiny bit to 1032 mBar.

The weather app has disappeared from my phone! It used to be positioned under the date on my home screen but it's disappeared overnight. Very annoying.

I was awake around 5.15 am - combination of too hot and racket from the flat upstairs. I was cold on going to bed so had more than my usual nothing on and subsequently became uncomfortable.

In other news:
                    Scaffolding erection is finally finished. There's some kind of blue netting surrounding it too. The building caretaker isn't impressed by the alarm because he reckons squirrels set it off.

Comment

asdfadfadsf
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X