• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFBSZ
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      The train leaves at 0635

Telly tonight was yet more Warship stuff with tea, followed by the next episode (E3 I think) of This is Going to Hurt.

Then an Air Crash Investigation in which the plane didn't even crash; though losing an engine to fire while a de-icing boot came loose and seemed likely to detach and enter the other engine on the same side, all while flying directly towards the centre of a hurricane at 1500 feet, meant it's extremely surprising it didn't; for it was NOAA 42's 1989 flight into Hurricane Hugo from which they eventually emerged unscathed (apart from the damage to the aircraft)

Finally, Only Murders in the Building S1E8, Fan Fiction (TV Episode 2021)

Goodnight all

Comment

Still dark out. But it's dry with clear skies. Currently a balmy 5 degrees with a high of 11 later. No rain expected. In that Nottingham, it's looking very similar.

An unexpected 8 minute wait for a tube is making me worry about getting to St Pancras on time...

Comment

All that scurrying was for naught. Train is delayed 30 minutes

Comment

The 0635 was a bust. Now on the delayed 0705 which takes longer. My breakfast date in Notts has been cancelled. I might just get into the office on time

Comment

Morning all
              Overcast with a light drizzle here. No wind but a cool 4oC
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Hello Leicester!

Goodbye Leicester!

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Drizzly.

Dire.

Wet.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cold in here at 12.8 deg.

1020 mBar, 30.12 in Hg, 765 Torr, 14.79 psi, (down from 1022 mBar last night), 68% RH.

Wednesday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the chill of the morning. Damp but it didn't rain on me. Which was good.

Goodness me, you can keep oranges in the fridge. Who'd have thunk it?

Mine reside up the countertop, alongside the apples. In other other news, I've stopped buying french apples, though I will still buy the South African ones (which are nicer anyway).

Lunch: Scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast (non crust), bramble jelly sandwich on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Yrs waffling on about phone fraud and number spoofing.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Freecell score: 100% (of 6), running average 84% (as opposed to 86% on this box).

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Jack Palance.

Quantum Leap S5 E7 "Deliver us from evil": the return of the lad with Downs and the first appearance of the Evil Leaper.

Bab5 S5 E3 "The paragon of animals".

Treadstone S1 E6 "The Hades Awakening"

Bab5 S5 E4 "A view from the gallery".
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 February 2022, 21:31.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Bah. Getting a lot of rubbishy scam emails again. Just got one that says I can increase my thingy length by 65%. Must be genuine.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The Trainline helpfully advised that I was eligible to submit a partial refund claim for the delay, so that's been submitted to EMR.

The bacon sandwich on board was acceptable and I arrived to the office a mere hour later than planned, and just in time for my meeting.

Comment

Working...
                      X