• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<---

Which won't be for long as today will be spent getting 3 of the 5 payroll software providers to umbrella companies integrating their systems into our software.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Grey.

Dreary.

Damp.

Sunless.

Cold at 12.7 deg in here.

1015 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (down from 1020 mBar last night), 69% RH

Tuesday.

Think I saw four horsemen riding by overnight.

Horrid Cheltenham dream before awakening to the true horror.

It's a real Strangelovian type of day.

Trip to the post office for the TV Times.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked, with no rain and incipient blue skies in parts with hints of sunshine.

Lunch: lentil & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Must remember to charge the batteries in the geiger counter.

And find out if the dosimeter still works.

Entertainment: You & Yours, very briefly, , since Boris Bunter, the fat owl of the remove was mentioned thereon.

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Discovering Warren Beatty.

Quantum Leap S5 E6 "Star light star bright". Ancient Alien researchers would love this one.

Bab5 S5 E1 "No compromises". Ivanova's replacement arrives.

FBI S1 E1. Dunno if it's any good. Pretty bog standard.

Car SOS S9 E8 Alpine A110. It's famous apparently. Oddly I've never heard of it, it being a plastic French POS. Giving this to an elderly gentleman with Parkinsons seems a tad cruel, but he's happy enough with it.

Bab5 S5 E2 "The very long night of Londo Molari".
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 February 2022, 22:58.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
        Murky and overcast, but not raining and only a gentle breeze.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Overcast but dry. Currently 11 degrees ('feels like' 9) and the high might reach 13. A light shower expected around lunchtime. Barometer at 1015 mBar.

Flight was about 30 minutes late yesterday evening. They did squeeze extra people on board by using the middle seat in business but the crew did a good job of making sure we all got fed and watered. On arrival I was off the aircraft and on a tube within 15 minutes. Luckily it was one imminently due to depart so I didn't have to sit there for 10 minutes until its scheduled time.

Comment

Morning denizens

It was sunny earlier, but now it's cloudy with drizzly showers supposedly passing through for the next few hours, though I haven't seen any yet. Quite mild though at 12°C ("feels like" 9° because of the 18mph wind) and the barometers are up somewhat at 1002/1010mB

Comment

I was pleased to discover that the milk hadn't gone off so I had cocoa Shreddies for a mid-morning snack.

Comment

Lunch: zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with multiseed bread

Brightening up a little from time to time here, with bits of blue sky between large clumps of white fluffiness

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Quite pleasant out, at least when one's well wrapped up; the breeze felt like it might be a bit much if one wasn't

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

And earlier, I remembered I'd meant to get a jeans wash on, and did; so several pairs are now draped on the clotheshorse in front of the fire

Comment

I meant to put a wash on this morning but didn't. I think it was because I was sitracted at 8am by a call from the "Sky Technical Department". Apparently they supply the mother service to all of the UK.

Finished work with not enough time to do my Portuguese homework but I managed to cobble something together in the the few minutes before the class started and during the break.

Dinner was some emergency 25 min warm up job dug out of the freezer. First I had to pack for tomorrow's trip to Nottingham. I don't seem to have a good intermediate sized bag that will hold three days worth of paraphinalia. I also needed a separate laptop and accessories bag so I don't have to worry about my knickers escaping while looking for a pen.

Off to bed soon. The train leaves at 0635

Comment

Working...
                      X