• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brill dream this morning. Was between a fence behind a lot of nondescript houses and a tall mud bank. Walked up the narrow track and came out on a fabulous scene, Grand Canyon+
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Noticed that there was a bit of noise from one of the windows in the office, ran my hand round the edge and I could feel a draft, so during my 10.30 call I put some new draft tape on it. Warming up now.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Mundane laundry has been done (quick wash)

And with that draped on the clotheshorse, time for lunch: a roast beef bap (wholemeal)

Comment

Lunch was scrambled egg and beans for no sensible reason.

I realised too late I should have made an omelette and put the beans inside like one of those Japanese omurice (except that's rice inside an omelette but you get the drift)

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

It's turned very grey out, though not rainy and not getting any warmer with it

Comment

Minor positive result there...
              The Wifetm lost the back of one of her earrings last week. It's by that brand that do the light blue boxes.

I searched online to buy replacements, saw them on eBay for £30-50, mostly shipping from the US. The I remembered that we are supposed to be passing through LHR T5 in a couple of weeks and they have a store in departures.
              So, I thought I'd phone them and ask.
              Yes, they do stock them.
              In fact, they'll post them out.

I happily go to give them my credit card.

...oh no sir, it's free of charge.

Comment

Popped out to the post box to send back my approved accounts and CT calc.

Lovely sunny afternoon, chilly but dry.

Comment

Fire lit.

Thought I'd prefer to try it today rather than wait till the weekend and smoke the place out if it didn't light.

Burning nicely.

Comment

Worked out why the news in the sidebar hasn't updated since 30 September. Just waiting to hear from admin if the underlying problem is because of something he's changed and, if so, whether he can change it back

If not, there's a plan B to get it working again, though it's a bit Heath Robinson

Comment

The InstantPot™ is now activated so later, there will be chicken soup

Zingy this time, I think; I haven't made that in a little while and it's good in chilly weather

Comment

Working...
                      X