• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oooooh Century!!!!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Right, that's me done for the day, if not quite the gig

I've polished off just about everything I need to do, I think. They mainly need me to do a handoff of the QuickSight stuff tomorrow, as the team who'll have ongoing responsibility for it weren't available today or something. I hope they like gnarly SQL, as I've learned a fair few things myself getting this stuff working

It's raining at the moment but there's a lull predicted shortly, so I may manage to squeeze my walk in then

Comment

The rain did indeed lull, so: walk briskly walked, all three rings closed

Not that cold out this evening; 15°C and although there's a breeze, it's a mild one

The recycling bin only has one not-very-large bag at the bottom, so I'm not going to bother trundling it this week

Comment

In tracking a delivery, I was bemused to see that the driver was on delivery #145 of 144 with 4 more deliveries to make before mine.

Comment

Before said walk, the gaffer (who's from the consultancy) was chatting on Teams. She told me that an exemption of the kind required for me to start up again in two weeks is pretty uncommon, so I'll almost certainly have to wait until clearance comes through. And as she hasn't yet got around to sending me the clearance form, which she's sending tomorrow, there's a good chance I'll get a full month or more after all

I could do without the uncertainty, mind. I'd rather have a definite date to not work towards

I did start wondering if the consultancy (who I think set the new contract up without the gaffer's knowledge) just wanted to get me tied down, for fear I'd go off and take a gig somewhere else in the interim. If that's their game, they clearly don't realise just how strong my desire to avoid doing any work whatsoever when at all possible is

Comment

The bed has been remade

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                The bed has been remade
                Same 'ere. Dug out all me thick clothes and put all the summery stuff in boxes under the bed in the spare room.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Chicken madras, rice and naan for tea. Very tasty

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Same 'ere. Dug out all me thick clothes and put all the summery stuff in boxes under the bed in the spare room.
                    I've switched to the two-thirds thickness bit of the duvet for now; I don't think I need to combine the two parts just yet

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      In tracking a delivery, I was bemused to see that the driver was on delivery #145 of 144 with 4 more deliveries to make before mine.
                      so now we know where suity went!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X