• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Morning all
    ^^^ OM.

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Grey.

Drizzly.

Sunless.

Chilly at 21.8 deg in here.

1014 mBar, 29.9434 in Hg, 760.56 Torr, 14.7 psi, ( down from 1015 last night), 65% RH.

Saturday apparently judging by what came out of the wireless before <click>

Problem getting to sleep last night so a good deal more book got itself read, which was rather irritating, being irritated enough to start with.

Freecell score: 86%, running average 85%. Nearly as bad as last night.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Money Box followed by Dead Ringers.

Freecell score: 100% (of 20), running average 85% (84.7999%).

Wheeler Dealers S8 E8 1954 Chevrolet Side Step Pick Up truck, last 10 minutes. All on mute once MotorMouthOldYerAaaandAwt turned up.

'Tis raining with the gentle rain from heaven, currently. Quite vigorously all in all.

No Ancient Aliens bollox this week since I've watched them all during the week, so no dozing away waiting for tea today.

The final half hour of "The JIgsaw Man" with that Michael Caine, and that Larry Olivier.

Tea: spag with fiery bol, some fruit cocktail, a yog, a corner yog (yellow), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Bit of a thing about Jacki Onassis. It would have been Am Dro, but I've seen that one before.

BBC Alba: About Britain: The Isle of Skye with that Richard Dimbleby back in the dim & distant days of 1954.

Where he meets https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flora_MacLeod_of_MacLeod

Who lived until she was 98.

No sign of Connor so far. .

Bit of a thing about Robert Plant on Sky Arts.

Ancient Invisible Cities: Cairo: stone me that well was deep.

Ancient Invisible Cities: Athens: the greeks had a word for it.

Ancient Invisible Cities: Istanbul.

Neil Oliver in Nova Scotia commemorating the Scots being nasty to the Native Americans who helped them survive the first winter.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 July 2022, 22:31.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with wispy fluff. Currently 20 degrees with a high of 25 forecast. Barometer down to 1018 mBar.

Off to hand back the keys on my old flat and get an inkling for any deposit deductions.

Comment

Morning

Lovely and not extremely hot.

Blue skies with sun.

Currently 21 degrees
        Just come in from doing some gardening. Life is so much easier when you can't do anything to the lawn....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lovely day so far. Keys handed in, ex-landlady very gushing and lovely, promising to arrange deposit return asap.

On the way home we got off at Ealing Common to check out the fishmonger and butcher. HWMBO very happy. Then headed towards home to find a brunch spot and happened upon a street food market around the corner from a wine bar. So we had wine and tasty nibbles before toddling home.

Forgot to report that general laundry was washed and hung out before leaving this morning. It is now dry so has been brought back in.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day out, which is a lot better than that nonsense earlier in the week

Currently 22°C and maybe getting to 23° shortly before cooling down a little ahead of a drizzly night. Barometers are down a bit at 1009/1017mB

Comment

The bed has been stripped and left to air, and the bedding is in the wash

I don't know why I don't put it straight in the wash more often; it saves a lot of faffing about

Comment

I've decided not to go to the Chinese tonight

Comment

Tea has been lamb scouse, with a couple of thick ends of seedy bloomer. Very tasty

The "smart" light bulb in the living room didn't come on when it was supposed to. I think it must have crashed, as when I turned it off and on again with the light switch, it lit up and is now responding normally to commands from my phone. The future is silly

Comment

And the bed was remade earlier, thereby averting an unpleasant surprise later

Comment

Good day with my favourite nephew. We are similar in so many ways apart from age.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X