• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tipping down here now
    Likewise here:
    CURRENT CONDITIONS
    13.9 °C
    Feels Like 13.9 °
    WIND & GUST
    11.1 / 11.4 km/h
    DEWPOINT
    12.4 °C
    PRECIP RATE
    1.78 mm/hr
    PRESSURE
    1,013.88 hPa
    HUMIDITY
    91 %
    PRECIP ACCUM
    6.35 mm
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

There was a light shower earlier and then the sun came out. It's been dry all afternoon but the forecast says more rain is due.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

The rain had faded to the merest trace of drizzle when I set out. Of course, once I was past the point of no return, it started reverting to proper rain, making it as far as heavy rain by the time I got back

So I'm now pretty soaked, but at least I got some fresh air and stretched my limbs a bit

I think they're queuing for the petrol station again, which doesn't do anything to help the rush hour traffic to move along. I just saw a 4x4 driver (of course) come to the back of the queue just below my living room window, then take advantage of a gap in the traffic behind to reverse and turn up the side road. No doubt his plan is to come back down the next side road, adjacent to the garage, and rely on some sucker letting him out; whereupon he'll take his place ahead of them in the queue

Comment

The agent, when telling me of the nefarious plot to get me started on the new contract earlier than I would have liked, told me that the end client was happy to agree to a longer notice period, as if that was somehow of value to me. Do contractors care about notice periods? I don't.

I've been told at five past six in the evening that "Actually, we won't need you any more, our guys can do the last few bits"; I prepared and emailed my final invoice there and then and walked out the door at quarter past, happy as could be

As is often mentioned in the professional forums when this subject comes up, if there's no work to bill for during the notice period, what does it matter?

Comment

Dinner was left overs from yesterday's takeaway

Ents was The Curse of Oak Island (just 3 episodes left!)

Rain is hoofing it down

Comment

Rain seems to have stopped here, though the rainfall radar suggests it might be back soon

So tea has been just the thing for a rainy evening: scouse, with some sesame bloomer

Comment

The rain did return, but I think it's pretty much gone now

Telly was the rest of the DuPont/Teflon poison thing, followed by the first half of Storyville - Masterspy of Moscow: George Blake

Better get an early night again, I suppose - still much to do tomorrow and Thursday

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

A soon-to-be-bright start today, though not very warm; currently 8°C with a high of 14° predicted, and although most of the day is expected to be sunny there'll also be a spot of rain from time to time, it seems. Barometers steady at 1007/1015mB

A good night's sleep though, due I think to having draped another layer over the foot of the bed to offset the effects of still being on the summer duvet. I'm going to change the bed tomorrow to celebrate freedom day, but couldn't be bothered with the faff of duvet-changing ahead of that. Yet it seems I am also now of the age that has a Bad Night because of My Feet if they aren't warm enough

Comment

^^^ I'm thinking it's time for the electric blanket since my feet seem to take forever to warm up lately.

Then again, it could just be gangrene.

Morning.

Dry.

CBS.

Sunny.

Cold at 16.8 deg in here.

1017 mbar, 30 in Hg, 762.8 Torr, 74% RH.

Wednesday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunny chill of the morning air.

Much more bracing even with a jacket on.

Much shuffling around of crap in the garage in preparation for The Mounting of the Garage Consumer Unit on the wall, along with the installation of the uprights for the new shelving.

Once this lot of shelves are up there isn't any room for more, it's totally shelved.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: The NZ Border Patrol thing, with a Tiger Lady most upset about her Chinese medicine being refused entry, though she calmed down when they said she could send it back to China.

Two Fijiian neophyte travellers who'd kindly helped a nice lady at the airport in Fiji by taking a parcel of cava (ground up stuff) to NZ to give to her friend "Bill" on arrival.

Naturally enough said parcel had a couple of thousand pseudoephedrine tablets concealed therein.

The customs believed their protestations of innocence, which was remarkable.

No mention was made of what happened to "Bill" nor of any attempt to track him down.

The afternoon was spent installing the Garage Consumer Unit.

Tea: the last of the roast chicken with carrots and onions, more of the fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Ingrid Bergman.

NCIS S3 E20 "Untouchable".

Dr Pimplepopper.

The Blob on BBC4.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 September 2021, 21:36.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

CBS, etc today, but it dropped to 6.2C overnight. now creeping up toward 9.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X