• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Still sunny with blue skies out, and the odd bit of fluffiness; though I think there might be an extremely high layer of haze diffusing the sun slightly

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Barometer still at 1033 mBar. I have it a firmer tap than usual just to make sure it wasn't stuck.
    Yes, very little movement for some days now

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Still sunny out, but some Simpsonesque fluffiness is hanging around too

Lunch: turkey soup and multiseed bread

And the towel wash came successfully to a conclusion and is now draped upon the clotheshorse

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    There appears to be some blue in the sky but I'm not sure if that was just a figment of my imagination as it was gone when I looked up again.

Lunch is beans on toast.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny day!

Not really any warmer for it yet though; currently 4°C, but 7° is a possibility for this afternoon. And officially it's "partly cloudy", though there's just a few very high wisps at the moment, so diaphanous they're barely noticeable unless you're looking for something to grumble about. Barometers are negligibly down at 1024/1032mB

And a towel wash that I've been meaning to put on for several days is finally on

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Dull and overcast again. A touch warmer at 5 degrees and it might squeak up to 7 later. Barometer still at 1033 mBar. I have it a firmer tap than usual just to make sure it wasn't stuck.

Slept ok but did wake a couple of times in the night.

Busy day coming up, prepping for a retry of last week's migration plus planning the next one as we only have two months to get all the rest done.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cold at 12.9 deg in here.

1033 mBar, 30.5 in Hg, 774.8 Torr, 14.98 psi, 61% RH.

Wednesday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

Leg complained again, getting ready for its 2 year anniversary on the 26th of Feb.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly sandwich, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Jeremy Vine & Alistair Campbell sticking the shiv into Bozo Boris Bunter the fat owl of the remove.

Followed by TWAO.

Originally posted by The Irish Times
    Bunter was referred to by the Removites as a “blinkering, blethering, burbling bandersnatch”, while his lies were dismissed as “piffling, pernicious porkers”.
    Further entertainment: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bchpyg

Some mild & half hearted tidying up undertaken: the vac has vacced, whilst the outside brush has brushed down various paths and the patio thing that's never used as a patio but the moss enjoys growing over, plus the rubbish & recycling is near the front gate in preparation for putting outside the gate later this evening.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 16:28.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    A bit overcast out, but not too bad. Seems brighter today. Bumped in to a few locals, all, like me, were about 15 minutes early.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Telly tonight was some thing called The Moment of Proof on iPlayer, to do with the police solving the kidnapping of a Greek shipping magnate, and the wholly unrelated case of some Internet fraudsters.

Then Gomorrah S1E9, Gelsomina Verde (TV Episode 2014). Not very nice people to work for, these mafiosi

And then iPlayer suggested that if I liked Why Ships Crash, I might also like When Bridges Collapse: The Genoa Disaster. It was, of course, correct in this conjecture

Also, bonus points for being probably the first TV documentary about bridge collapses ever to have resisted the temptation to include footage of the Tacoma Narrows bridge shaking itself to pieces

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: sausage and onion casserole with chips and peas; very nice

And a couple of portions left for the freezer

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I finished work early enough that I could have some dinner before heading out for my night class. On my return I have had a mince pie.

Still very snotty.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Only about 1°C out, so the woolly hat was deployed in addition to a nice scarf my sister gave me for Christmas

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Lunch was pasta and pesto.

Decided to do a covid test in case my cold-like symptoms are not a cold. Negative!

Sticking the stick up my nose did result in much sneezing, more than usual.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: Chinese leftovers; very tasty

Leave a comment:

Working...
X