• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    Raining overnight, and a little light drizzle this morning. The garden is loving it.

CURRENT CONDITIONS
    13.7 °C
    Feels Like 13.7 °
    WIND & GUST
    8.5 / 8.5 km/h
    DEWPOINT
    11.6 °C
    PRECIP RATE
    0.00 mm/hr
    PRESSURE
    1,018.96 hPa
    HUMIDITY
    87 %
    PRECIP ACCUM
    2.79 mm
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast but dry. Rain forecast off and on from mid-morning. Currently 13 degrees, expected high of 16. Barometer leapt up to 1018 mBar.

The biggest, fattest bee has just come in my office window!

Bee dealt with. Ushered out to find somewhere else to live over winter.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      'Falcon 1' becomes the first privately developed liquid fuel spacecraft to be launched into orbit 2008

Comment

Does anyone else scrawl notes on bits of paper and then can't read them or remember what they are about? Just binned "coie slan 1698". Hope it wasn't summit important.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning.

Wet. Very wet. Very very very wet.

Intermittently torrential.

Cooler at 18.3 deg in here.

Grey.

Bright, though Sunless.

1010 mBar, 29.83 in Hg, 757.6 Torr, 74% RH.

Tuesday.

TV Times purchased.

Walk (abbreviated) walked, during which it didn't rain on me.

Lunch: Heinz lentil & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: NZ Border Control: a Mexican standoff over a carton of ciggies, £5000 cost of quarantine for a cat & dog from the UK, the usual assortment of undeclared fruit (a $200NZ banana), a frigate getting debarnacled in dry dock, assorted yachts inspected for food & contraband, the usual Chinese medicines confiscated under Cites.

In other news it's pissing down & not taking prisoners.

I can feel a bonfire coming on. <- bonfire.

I see in other news that

My hovercraft Glastonbury river is full of eels stoned on MDMA
          Bonfire duly bonfired.

Much crap disposed of therein, though next door's damp stuff proved rather too smokey and slow to bother with much, but most of their brambles seemed to burn successfully.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, fruit salad, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Deborah Kerr.

Joy of Painting. Om.

And it had the usual effect.

"Yellowstone Supervolcano" on Smithsonian: more good news.

I suppose I could watched S1 E2 of The Rookie. :

Bad Skin Clinic.

Chap with unpleasant looking zits.

Chap with a large cyst on his cheek: much cheesy goodness came out of that.

Woman with Xanthelasma: a fatty deposit under her eyes.

Woman with a large lipoma on her back: GA for that one.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 September 2021, 21:51.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Does anyone else scrawl notes on bits of paper and then can't read them or remember what they are about? Just binned "coie slan 1698". Hope it wasn't summit important.
            I live off post-it notes on my desk as I scribble reminders in meetings and then have to decipher them later. More than once I've chucked one and had to rummage in the bin to find which of the identical green stickies is the one I should have kept.

Comment

Lunch has been sausages in finger rolls, and very nice they were

Comment

Lunch was tomato and mascarpone soup (lacked salt / seasoning).

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I live off post-it notes on my desk as I scribble reminders in meetings and then have to decipher them later. More than once I've chucked one and had to rummage in the bin to find which of the identical green stickies is the one I should have kept.
                  Now using one of the white tiles from my shed as an excellent little whiteboard to scribble notes on. Really handy. Wipes off with a bit of bog paper.

bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Dammit. Looks like my nice long break might end up being just a fortnight instead…

Ah well, think of the money…

Comment

Tipping down here now

Comment

Working...
                      X