• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    345678 next sequence is only 111,111 posts away

next week then!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

next week then!
      What? Is Diver coming back?

Just askin' like.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

What? Is Diver coming back?

Just askin' like.
        DS23 could do it in an evening

Comment

Tonight's motion picture premiere has been Shock and Awe (2017), about the very few American journalists who saw through the Bush administration's lies about WMD in Iraq. It's pretty good, though maybe not on the level of Spotlight and The Post

"Early" night now, just for a change

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Grey. Very grey.

Misty. Not so misty.

Sunless. Quite sunless.

Cooler, somewhat cooler at 19.4 deg in here.

1010.5 mBar, 29.84 in Hg, 757.93 Torr, 73% RH.

Sunday.

And, it being Sunday, the wireless is silent.

Sunday shopping trip to Tesco & Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, & put away.

£53 of petrol put in the car, which managed to go 207 miles on the last tankful.

That would be about 6 months worth if I've worked it out correctly.

Lunch: roast chicken with sausages, a corner yog (red yellow), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Managed to avoid the lump of crap on the garden path on two journeys back & forth, only to step in it inadvertantly on the 3rd trip.

Fortunately the shoes come off before entry so most of it didn't come in with them.

I see from the TV Times that there's an ep of "Am Dro" this evening, which will fill an otherwise tedious hour with some sarcastic commentary.

In other other news, it transpires that I had the dvd of "Deep Impact (1998)" in one of the piles, so enduring all those adverts yesterday was rather pointless all in all.

Weatherwise, it rained a bit from half nine to eleven, but the sun's out now & there's a blue sky with white fluffy clouds.

Walk walked in the pleasant sunshine.

Tea: scrambled egg and poached tomato (the 3rd of 3 seemed suitable to eat) on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich x2 on crusts of same, 2 x yogs, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

In other other other news, just found a bulged can of Heinz lentil & ham soup.

I don't think I'll eat it.

Still well in date: 01/2023.

Entertainment: The Curse of Oak Island: Drilling Down: it's that irritating thing that shows bits & pieces of the season to come.

Am Dro: Pontrhydfendigaid, Pembrokeshire, Dolgellau, Llanberis.

Endeavour S8 E2 "Scherzo".

Sky At Night thing about how the Beeb reported on Apollo 11 without any of the footage of P. Moore, James Burke, et al since the tapes got wiped.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 September 2021, 08:09.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all blue skies & sunny here, there’s been a smattering of overnight rain. 5L of windfall cider done yesterday, more to be made today possibly, although I have to finish the prep for the tree surgeon coming tomorrow.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Hazy sunshine this morning which is looking like it will cloud over and rain this afternoon. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 19 expected. Barometer down to 1014 mBar.

Off out for breakfast before HWMBO goes home later today.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                Michael Eavis hosts the first Glastonbury Festival 1970

Comment

Back in from a long walk with The Dog (tw), timing to see how long it would take to go to a very nice pub. It’s about 7km walking and takes 1hr 20mins.
                  Walking along bridleways, footpaths and lanes, I saw the grand total of 1 mountain biker, who slowed down as he rode up towards us, stopped and said hello, then cycled on.
                  In Surrey on a Sunday it would have been 100 bikers, none interested in anything but themselves.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Having woken around 8:30 I immediately went back to sleep, and awoke much later feeling much better for it

It's been raining, though I think not the torrential downpours that were predicted, and it seems to be tailing off now. Currently 15°C, maybe reaching 19° later, with the barometer up a touch at 1007/1015mB

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Back in from a long walk with The Dog (tw), timing to see how long it would take to go to a very nice pub. It’s about 7km walking and takes 1hr 20mins.
                      Walking along bridleways, footpaths and lanes, I saw the grand total of 1 mountain biker, who slowed down as he rode up towards us, stopped and said hello, then cycled on.
                      In Surrey on a Sunday it would have been 100 bikers, none interested in anything but themselves.
                      WTF is mellowing in his old age!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X