• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Further viewing has been most of Storyville - The Farthest: Voyagers Interstellar Journey

Another Monday tomorrow. Only two more after that before the end of this gig, assuming we get it all done and they don't find the budget to do more from somewhere

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day again out there, currently 13°C and not expected to get beyond 19° later

Barometers are unchanged at 1011/1019mB. Rain that had been forecast for this morning has been rescinded though

Comment

Morning all

A bit misty out, but looks like that's going to burn off.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dire.

Drizzly.

Sunless.

Cooler at 20 deg in here.

1013.75 mBar, 29.94 in Hg, 760 Torr, 73% RH.

Monday.

Today's gleaming telex machine is enhanced by the low battery indication squeaks from Yet Another Smoke Detector.

Awake at 06:50 following Yet Another Dream.

Feck nose what this one was about other than a lost wallet.

Thankfully a good deal less unpleasant than yesterday's epic.

Freecell score in the lack of sleep: 100% (of 6), running average 84%.

Walk walked.

Trip to B&M tripped.

9V batteries bought & whinging smoke detectors have now shut the feck up.

Another couple of LED PIR lights purchased.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: NZ Border Control: pair of stowaways on a Chinese ship being treated for suspected TB. They've been on board for two months or more since getting on board in South Africa.

Are there no planks any more?

Just askin' like.

Next up: a "unicorn" skeleton.

Unsurprisingly, it wasn't, it was a "bitsa".

Bits a this & bits a that, completely unicorn free.

NZ woman with mdma in a tictac mint thing: £300 fine, just as well she was a NZ passport holder or she'd have been on the next flight back to Oz.

A gentleman with a fine collection of knives: not chef type knives but flick type knives.

Not as impressive as the knuckleduster knives we saw last week.

Container with a couple of redback spiders: fumigated to make sure everything is dead.

Random container search: box of vermicelli full of "bottles": some sort of Chinese liquor: 58% proof: 2000 bottles altogether. NZ$21000 unpaid duty.

The importers paid NZ$25000 of unpaid duty and GST, the goods being seized.

Twas rice wine.

Some minor potching done in the salting house.

Spent hours looking for stuff that's in here some fecking where, but can I find it?

Then a quick calculation of the amount of concrete needed for the foundations of the new bit of wall: 27 bags.

Number available in B&Q: 0.

Tea: the remainder of the roast chicken & sausage with carrots & onions (would have been nicer if the sauce had thickened up more), some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Ian McKenna.

Joy of Painting. Om.

Ghosts.

NCIS S17 E10 "The north pole"

Elementary S7 E11"Unfriended"

Curse of Oak Island S8 E2 "The boys are back" was the 2nd hour last week E3 "If the ox shoes fit".
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 September 2021, 20:48.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ordered a new air filter assembly for the main lawnmower. Normal delivery 3-5 days.
            The part comes from Italy.
            Due to requirements for paperwork, delivery is expected in about 4 weeks.

I think I'm going to be experimenting with an old kitchen sponge to see if that will work as a filter. Either that or I'll have to use the second mower, which means 2 hours to cut the grass.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Ordered a new air filter assembly for the main lawnmower. Normal delivery 3-5 days.
              The part comes from Italy.
              Due to requirements for paperwork, delivery is expected in about 4 weeks.

I think I'm going to be experimenting with an old kitchen sponge to see if that will work as a filter. Either that or I'll have to use the second mower, which means 2 hours to cut the grass.
              You can get it from china faster than that.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                You can get it from china faster than that.
                GGP/STIGA don't make their engines in China, and I can't find any 3rd party ones.
                If you know of a supplier for a 118550423/0 or /1 who actually has it in stock - not just claims to have it, then let me know. The UK suppliers claiming stock on their websites are all on backorder.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Morning all from our poolside breakfast table

It's hot and sunny with a few clouds dotted about. Currently 30 degrees ('feels like' 35) with 79% humidity.

We're allowed out and are off to St. Georges to have a mooch about after breakfast.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                    Building begins of Hadrian's Wall in North England 122 AD

Comment

Lunch was a bacon butty (wholemeal). Very tasty

Comment

Working...
                      X