• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was last dahn the pub the day before lockdown iii.
    and i'll be there the day it gets lifted, too.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      The Girl from Ipanema does a similar job for me

I have been in love with the original album for as long as I can remember. Getz / Jobim and both Gilberto's were an amazing Combo.
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Beef Short-ribs have been in oven at 105C since 12h15. Should be about ready by 19h00.

Dry rub, and then mopped in the last hour.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Is it true she spoke to you? I think it was "stop harrassing me you weirdo"....
          Where I am sure people would believe that of me but I'm not one for trying to talk to famous people when I see them. That said I was desperate to tell Curley Watts that Raquel was shagging Des Barnes when I saw him in our local Tesco a long time ago but I managed to refrain.

I must, however, admit to a slight indiscretion at the CUK xmas do when I made a bee line for the owner of a large sportwear chain and kept calling him Mike when it fact he was the other large sportswear chain owner. Glad he was drunker than me.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Ahhh new earworm.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I think I'm living my Smash Hits years.

I should be so lucky...

Comment

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

If i ever had pop songs in my head, i'd have to take drastic action, i think.
                  Rock, blues/rock, jazz/rock, prog rock.
                  oh, and rock 'n' Roll, of course.
                  but ITAS.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    And I just remembered I have to make sure to have my dinner earlier tonight as I've got the fasting blood test in the morning
                    I figured as I was going to be up and about early tomorrow, I'd take a trip to Sainsbury's so I could get the stuff they either miss off the website (wholemeal bread, Viz Comic) or that I only ever remember to buy if I'm going past the relevant aisle and think "I needed something from here, let's go and have a look and see if that reminds me what it was"

But, looking on Google Maps to see how busy it usually is on Friday morning, I found that they now include realtime info about how busy it is, and it was only half as busy as it usually is on a Thursday afternoon. So I decided to jump in the car and head down there.

Except the car hasn't been used in about a month of really cold weather, leaving the battery struggling

Anyway, got it started, pumped up the rear tyre that slowly deflates, headed down the M69 and back to get a bit of charge in, and finally got there. It was indeed not as busy as one might have expected at that time, though not exactly deserted.

But shopping is now all done for another week, including a particularly big Big Chicken that they'd never have thought to hunt at the back of the shelf for if I'd ordered online, the latest Viz, and various mundane things that I kept forgetting and was close to running out of, like laundry detergent and shaving gel

I have to remember to take the car out every week or two until the weather improves.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      If i ever had pop songs in my head, i'd have to take drastic action, i think.
                      Rock, blues/rock, jazz/rock, prog rock.
                      oh, and rock 'n' Roll, of course.
                      but ITAS.
                      I have all sorts of music in my head...

Comment

Working...
                      X