• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

CBS, etc down Devon.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with lumps of fluff but it feels dull out. Dry, no rain forecast. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 22 later. Barometer down to 1026 Mbar.

Finally remembered, despite NF prompting me yesterday, to put some laundry on. Smalls in first as they are more of a faff to peg out. I didn't press the hurry up button so the cycle will take a couple of hours

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      'Double Dave' a rare two-headed timber rattlesnake is found at Pine Barrens Forest in New Jersey 2019

And here is the grauniad article on the event
      https://www.theguardian.com/environm...-dave-found-us

Comment

Two headed snakes are one thing, it's the three eyed fish you need to worry about.

Morning.

Dry.

Grey. Very grey.

Sunless.

Small patch of blue sky spotted heading east.

Warmish at 20.5 deg in here.

1023 mBar, 30.2 in Hg, 73% RH.

Wednesday.

Walk walked. (Abbreviated).

Yesterday's unwonted diversion had been removed.

Poor old tree has the dreaded Red Spot, and there's a number of others with the same affliction.

It's getting greyer by the minute, verging on very grey across the valley by there, boyo.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Car SOS 'snot on for a fortnight due to some olympic tedium that's all over 4.

Instead: Border Patrol (NZ) with those nice NZ Customs & immigration people.

So far: Nigerian chap getting very exercised and alleging racial profiling: he ended up on a flight back to the UK.

Took a 30 hour flight to "look at the zoo (unnamed) and beaches (ditto)".

Next a UK chap probably not innerested in ladies getting up everyone's nose (as it were).

Not at all suspect having flown in via China & Thailand though they haven't found anything suss in his possessions.

Apparently his UK passport entitles him to "no let or hindrance" in his travels.

He wants to flown home business class.

Then he wants asylum.

Oh dear(tm), he gets banged up for the night by the plod.

Now: "UK Border Force".

Oh dear, this is raising my hackles just a tad.

Entertainment:

Taking the back box off the Corolla: the box is ok, it's the mounting connector thing that's fecked.

I suspect I'll be fettling one up tomorrow since I don't feel like spending £120 for another back box.

Trucking Hell: very Michael centric. :

Tea: Tesco breaded cod, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Michael Douglas.

The Joy of Painting.

Mystery of the Ice Age Giants on Smithsonian.

"Age of Humans".

Dr Pimplepopper: finally watched the one with the lady with a horn growing out of the back of her head.

It was a pilar cyst.

Chap with a large cyst over his sternum proved impressive due to the quantity of dark grey crap that emerged from it.

Dr Pimplepopper uses eyeguards during surgery which is rather more sensible than the chaps & chapesses on this side of the pond.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 August 2021, 21:41.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning.

Sitting in a boring meeting.

It feels chilly. Some bedding in WM...
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            'Double Dave' a rare two-headed timber rattlesnake is found at Pine Barrens Forest in New Jersey 2019
            [/url]
            That's why Christopher and Paulie Walnuts couldn't find the Russian - he'd turned into a two-headed snake!

Comment

After a mildly frenzied half-hour or so, I managed to get a QuickSight thing working well enough for some user testing they're doing this morning, and it even made it through the mildly convoluted process of being published to a place where they can access it during said testing

So with that and the morning standup done, I'm now going to make myself a bit of toast

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I was very impressed by Spotlight when I watched it a few years ago; +2
                up there with "The Post" and "All the Presidents men" in my opinion.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Morning all

CBS, etc down Devon.
                  Well you will move to the third world!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

up there with "The Post" and "All the Presidents men" in my opinion.
                    Indeed:

To follow: Spotlight (2015), being (based on) the true story of a team of investigative journalists at the Boston Globe breaking the story of the Catholic church covering up child sexual abuse for decades. A brilliant film; one of the best journalism films I've seen, possibly even beating All the President's Men, but certainly on a par with it. Highly recommended if you like journalism films that manage to depict journalism in a fairly realistic manner

I watched The Post a few weeks ago and thought it was very good, but I thought Spotlight was even better

Comment

Smalls out of the WM and hung up. Now some whites are in. This time I did press the hurry up button so it'll only take an hour.

Comment

Working...
                      X