• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Home-baked Greggs sausage roll for lunch

And you'll all be pleased/dismayed (delete as appropriate) to hear that Admin has just hired me to sort out the outstanding minor problems with the recent forum upgrade

It's still pissing down out there.

And it's past the time when I shouldn't be here any more.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Don't need an A3 printer but occasionally need an A3 scanner. Oddly, an A3 printer with scanner is far cheaper than just a scanner!
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Don't need an A3 printer but occasionally need an A3 scanner. Oddly, an A3 printer with scanner is far cheaper than just a scanner!
        They want you to spend all your money on ink at a later date, because they're gits

Comment

They want you to spend all your money on ink at a later date, because they're gits
          no worries if you don't use the printer bit <get some cheapo cartridges to fire it up, and keep the good ones sealed in the wine cellar> <with the other bits>

Comment

Tea, poshly enough, was M&S breaded haddock, followed by stewed blackberries and custard.

It was all pretty nice.

This evening's epic is "Gigli", with Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez, et al.

Gigli (2003) - IMDb

At 2.4 it has the lowest score I've yet seen on imdb.

I've watched much worse with higher scores.

Comment

Tonight's tea has been chicken tikka masala out of the freezer, with the usual bits

Quite windy out tonight.

Comment

A double bill of films I'd never seen before this evening, starting with Gattaca (1997). It's described as a sci-fi film, but it's more like a detective story set in a future when the police are incapable of any other investigative technique than DNA testing, and astronauts go to space in what appear to be business suits from the Marks and Spencer Inspired By Italy range. Not bad, but if it has a cult following (as these things so often do), I'm not sure why.

Incidentally, there's been something about this film that nagged at me even before I watched it, making it feel somehow familiar although I'd never seen it. About half way through, I finally realised it's because when I was a young kid in Liverpool, we lived down the road from an area called Gateacre, which is pronounced the same way

To follow: Spotlight (2015), being (based on) the true story of a team of investigative journalists at the Boston Globe breaking the story of the Catholic church covering up child sexual abuse for decades. A brilliant film; one of the best journalism films I've seen, possibly even beating All the President's Men, but certainly on a par with it. Highly recommended if you like journalism films that manage to depict journalism in a fairly realistic manner

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                  Another murky day in Glasgow, and when I finish here on Thursday night, it’s to fly back home, repack my bag and then go over to see dad first thing on Friday.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

A double bill of films I'd never seen before this evening, starting with Gattaca (1997). It's described as a sci-fi film, but it's more like a detective story set in a future when the police are incapable of any other investigative technique than DNA testing, and astronauts go to space in what appear to be business suits from the Marks and Spencer Inspired By Italy range. Not bad, but if it has a cult following (as these things so often do), I'm not sure why.

Incidentally, there's been something about this film that nagged at me even before I watched it, making it feel somehow familiar although I'd never seen it. About half way through, I finally realised it's because when I was a young kid in Liverpool, we lived down the road from an area called Gateacre, which is pronounced the same way

To follow: Spotlight (2015), being (based on) the true story of a team of investigative journalists at the Boston Globe breaking the story of the Catholic church covering up child sexual abuse for decades. A brilliant film; one of the best journalism films I've seen, possibly even beating All the President's Men, but certainly on a par with it. Highly recommended if you like journalism films that manage to depict journalism in a fairly realistic manner

Goodnight all
                    By some strange(love) coincidence I have neither of those.

I'm rather more likely to find Gattaca in the charity emporia than the other one.

Oh, and it's grey, intermittently wet, sunless, warm, and unpleasant out.

The wind ain't helping a lot either.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny spells out there at the moment, after a bit of rain in the early hours

Still a bit breezy though.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      By some strange(love) coincidence I have neither of those.

I'm rather more likely to find Gattaca in the charity emporia than the other one.
                      Maybe not - Spotlight won Best Picture at the Oscars, so it might have sold quite well in the home video market

Comment

Working...
                      X