• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That benign repair ghost is back again. CD player in my conservatory wasn't working, kept stopping and showing track 1. Tried several CDs. Gave it one last go today before chucking in van for dump tomorrow and it was working fine! Back in conservatory.

Saw bit of Attenborough prog. about some animals surviving, or even thriving, in cities. This endangered species thing always puzzles me. When I lived in London as a kid, we often saw Hedgehogs in the garden. In my first house in South London I often saw Stag beetles. How is it that they can't survive in the countryside here with far more wild space? You see plenty of Squirrels and Rabbits round here, what survival trick have they got that Hedgehogs haven't?
    Last edited by xoggoth; 8 November 2020, 20:32.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Just watched Detroit, rather sad that that was a reality.

Just starting "what we do in the shadows" vampires arguing about dishes, its hardly Blade I may abandon it if there is no improvement. Life is short but this makes it feel eternal...
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

OK its crap abandon film!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Dinner was a roast chicken and potatoes and veg with spicy piri piri sauce

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            You've made this exercise thing a habit now. You'll be telling us you enjoy it next!
            Yes, definitely a habit now, though I'm not so sure about the enjoying bit

Comment

Just had a lovely big fry-up for tea

Take that, bathroom scales!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                I see one of the congregation has been banned yet again. <sigh>

He'll have to post on the test forum instead

Comment

Entertainment (continued): found the "Pulse" dvd set so now I've listened & watched "Comfortably Numb" yet again despite Sky Arts.

Oak Island nutjobs: they've got permission to drain the swamp.

Unlike the Orange Moron they're using big feckoff trash pumps.

The Wood found in the bump out last week is impressive.

Gary has just found a chunk of metal that he thinks is silver.

Do they have treasure trove laws in Canada?

Gary can barely contain himself.

And another hole gets drilled next to Shaft 2 to follow the tunnel that goes towards the Money Pit.

Now they're investigating a swamp excavator with 6 feet wide pontoons with tracks and a long reach grab.

It's not silver it's lead. with 2% tin and 2% antimony.

The drilling core from 98' to 108': More Wood. Hand sawn timber.

Stone me, that swamp excavator thing is big.

36 tons.

The lead is from the western Med.

Cue the Knights that say Ni!

Digging begins.

Next week: they find More Wood, some in the swamp, some down a borehole.

Gary finds metal.

And There's A Storm Coming.

Cue the Terminator music.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 November 2020, 21:58.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

It's raining quite a lot

Comment

TFBSZ
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X