• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    During and for a month prior to our late firebreak I couldn't legally go to Sainsburys in Swansea.
    We have a friend who was fined £60 for going to her nearest Asda as it was across the bridge in a different County.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

It's complete madness.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

During and for a month prior to our late firebreak I couldn't legally go to Sainsburys in Swansea.
        I did wonder about Sainsbury's here, as strictly speaking it's about a mile outside the city boundary. But they never put up any roadblocks at the crossroads where the border is located so I figured they were probably letting that point slide

Comment

As I often do, I've messed up the timing of the scouse and it won't be ready until about an hour after I was hoping to eat it. I really must remember to factor in prep time and so on

Comment

Pressure cooking done; now reducing…

Comment

Well, once it was finally done it turned out exceptionally nice, accompanied by a few rounds from the end of a sesame bloomer

Five more large bowlfuls are now cooling, getting ready to spend a night in the fridge before filling the gaps in the freezer

Comment

TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Entertainment(continued):

"Madame Curie (1943)" with Greer Garson and Walter Pidgeon.
                  Well that might be defined as opening Pandora's Box & no mistake.

Since it was made in 1943, the next use of uranium was still a bit secret.

Though readers of SF might have got a hint or two.

Deadline (science fiction story) - Wikipedia
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 November 2020, 23:49.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

First up on the previously watched tonight was The Black Stuff (TV Movie 1980), which I first watched when it was first broadcast in 1980 (though the copyright date is 1978, broadcast having been delayed for some reason). I was in the Upper Sixth Form then, and I remember watching it with my father, who patiently explained to me what a "foreigner" was in that context

And then, continuing with the theme of a working man who realises how he's being exploited and decides to subvert and redirect his boss's resources to benefit his own struggle, a rewatch of Oblivion (2013). Seriously, they're the same story, just in different contexts; all oppression and exploitation is capitalist oppression and exploitation

And then The Sopranos: Whitecaps (TV Episode 2002), being the culmination of S4, and Two Tonys (TV Episode 2004) opening S5.

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      First up on the previously watched tonight was The Black Stuff (TV Movie 1980), which I first watched when it was first broadcast in 1980 (though the copyright date is 1978, broadcast having been delayed for some reason). I was in the Upper Sixth Form then, and I remember watching it with my father, who patiently explained to me what a "foreigner" was in that context

And then, continuing with the theme of a working man who realises how he's being exploited and decides to subvert and redirect his boss's resources to benefit his own struggle, a rewatch of Oblivion (2013). Seriously, they're the same story, just in different contexts; all oppression and exploitation is capitalist oppression and exploitation

And then The Sopranos: Whitecaps (TV Episode 2002), being the culmination of S4, and Two Tonys (TV Episode 2004) opening S5.

Goodnight all
                      morning

Wished I'd posted when I first got up - I've been awake an hour.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X