• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night.

Should sleep more peacefully now I don't have to worry about the world being a basket case forever to come due to the orange one.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Night.

Should sleep more peacefully now I don't have to worry about the world being a basket case forever to come due to the orange one.
      Lots of people saying stuff like that at the moment

Comment

Tonight's black-and-white war drama was I Was Monty's Double (1958), based on the true story of M. E. Clifton James, a peacetime actor and wartime lieutenant in the Pay Corps. He had a remarkable resemblance to General Montgomery, so British Intelligence used him as a decoy to make the Germans think the invasion of Europe would be launched from North Africa, thereby causing them to divert troops from the actual invasion sites in Normandy. And he got at least one more acting job out of it, for he plays himself in the film

Been many a long year since I last saw this. It's a good one; available on iPlayer for about another month.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all if all there be

Grey.

Grey sky.

Sunless.

Damp.

Dank.

Dreary.

Warm at 16 deg in here.

1014 mBar and 65%RH.

Monday.

The telex machine is positively gleaming this morning.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 November 2020, 08:23.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Low cloud/fog/mist here, although about 3km in to this morning's walk we rounded a bend into a valley where it was clear.
            Currently watching a nuthatch on the peanut feeder, 5 goldfinches and 2 blue tits squabbling over a seed feeder and a great tit sitting waiting for his chance.

12C. Too warm to have gone out for a walk with a stockman's coat on.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

There's bits of blue poking through the cloud. Ground seems dry. Weather app says it's foggy. Currently 9 degrees and it may squeak up to 12 later. Moderate chance of rain this afternoon.

First coffee being drunk. My 0900 meeting has been moved to 0930, which is excellent news.

Comment

CBS.

First Beecham's of the season is being sipped.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, 12°C, and damp from last night's rain; the weather app says "fog" but I can't see any. More rain may be due later

Comment

Morning all

Started as cloudy but dry day, now back to heavy mist / fog again.

Rain over night which meant although here was lots of HogCam action most of it was obscured by water on the camera lens and not worth saving.

Back on the Keto / low carb diet again today with MrsB after a couple of weeks off. A big blow-out yesterday with fresh croissant with jam for breakfast, crusty cobs with assorted fillings for lunch and steak, peas, onions rings and a huge pile of homemade chips for dinner, accompanied by a selection from the beer collection.

3rd coffee (with cream) now being consumed by way of breakfast.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning.

Sky was blue but now it is grey. High of 15.

Awaiting on a package from Amazon.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X