• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Back in 1997 there was period of a couple of months when the only documentation on Microsoft’s website of the JavaScript implementation in Internet Explorer 3 was a Word document about VBScript, written in French
    At the time Microsoft was trying to kill Javascript any way they could (and for good reason as even the name was and still is a marketing rebrand / lie).

And this isn't a documentation issue - it's a Microsoft product not following it's own specifications (I've been told it will be fixed on Feb 3rd but I'm not holding my breath).
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Back in 1997 there was period of a couple of months when the only documentation on Microsoft’s website of the JavaScript implementation in Internet Explorer 3 was a Word document about VBScript, written in French
      Plainly put there by an admirier of H2G2 in "Beware of the leopard" mode.

Glorious day.

Walk walked, during which a woodpecker was spotted

Great Spotted Woodpecker (D. major) - Woodland Trust

Considering the amount of woodland locally, it's amazing that I very rarely see a woodpecker.

I saw a green woodpecker resting on a gravestone in the cemetery up the road a bit.

Green Woodpecker (Picus viridis) - Woodland Trust
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

and fed the birds with yet more bird seed and fat balls
        Me too. Quite a few pheasants wander round my bird table clearing up the seeds the little birds have dropped. The male pheasant now hangs around outside my kitchen door waiting for me to come out with a handful. Hello Mr P.

amazing that I very rarely see a woodpecker
        Birds seem to come and go for no obvious reason, Used to see quite a few in my garden but not seen one for ages.
        Last edited by xoggoth; 20 January 2020, 13:39.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Lunch has been a bowl of zingy chicken & lentil soup, with the thick ends of both a wholemeal loaf and a sesame bloomer. All very nice

Well sunny out now

Comment

On Saturday I had started the process of making marmalade - halving the oranges, squeezing the pips out, slicing the rind, then leaving it to sit for 24 hours.
            I forgot about it on Sunday, so started it off again this morning.
            3.5 hours on the Rayburn, then during lunch, added the sugar, boiled, added whisky, and now have 8 jars of the stuff
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

That's brought back some memories of the Strangelove parents busily engaged in the process of making marmalade.

Kept 'em busy & quiet I suppose.

It was very nice marmalade that used to get widely distributed.

As did the surfeit of runner beans, tomatoes and cabbage later in the year.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I had a Wispa. Then I had to get up and go to the kitchen to put the wrapper in the bin. This proved to be the straw that broke the camel’s back, and while I was up I put my shoes and coat on and went down to Wilko’s (about halfway to the Chinese) and bought a wastepaper basket for the living room - something I’ve been meaning to do ever since I moved here in 2004

Turns out it was worth waiting fifteen years though, as it was reduced from £4 to £2.50

I notice Sainsbury’s are selling exactly the same bin but in their case it’s reduced from £6.99 to £4.65
                The simple pleasure of throwing something into the new wastepaper basket from several feet away endures

Comment

The simple pleasure of throwing something into the new wastepaper basket from several feet away endures
                  How good is your aim?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    How good is your aim?
                    Usually pretty good, though a knotted-up cheese & onion crisp bag ended up about three feet away from the bin earlier

Comment

Many moons ago I had a game on my phone which was just that. Except there was a fan involved on some levels that would blow the paper.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X