• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning good fellows (and the naughty ones!)

WFH today. Got lots to do so I had a nice lie in.

Towels in the WM.

I have been pondering for the better part of a year over getting a new monitor to replace the two ancient ones I have and I have finally ordered something. Thanks to HWMBO who kept an eye out for monitor reviews and sent them over to me. Although, some of his suggestions were less than practical.

I have gone for this: Dell UltraSharp 34 Curved USB-C Monitor: U3419W. What with a £15 voucher I had from a previous order, and 10% cashback on my Amex, it's almost good value Hopefully it'll last as long as the two I've had since 2007 (just checked my asset register and they cost me about £300 each, so I've had my money's worth).

Comment

Morning all

Grey, dark, dank, dreary.

No currently perceptible precipitation.

Apparently it's Tuesday.

^^Speaking of monitors, currently wondering how the feck to get rid of a 21" CTX and a 26" colour tv.

I'm not sure I'm strong enough to deal with them any more.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 January 2020, 09:04.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

^^Speaking of monitors, currently wondering how the feck to get rid of a 21" CTX and a 26" colour tv.

I'm not sure I'm strong enough to deal with them any more.
        You need a sack trolley but it's still hard work getting them on/off the damn thing.

Join your local Freecycle collective and put them on there and someone will take them away, no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Morning good fellows (and the naughty ones!)

WFH today. Got lots to do so I had a nice lie in.

Towels in the WM.

I have been pondering for the better part of a year over getting a new monitor to replace the two ancient ones I have and I have finally ordered something. Thanks to HWMBO who kept an eye out for monitor reviews and sent them over to me. Although, some of his suggestions were less than practical.

I have gone for this: Dell UltraSharp 34 Curved USB-C Monitor: U3419W. What with a £15 voucher I had from a previous order, and 10% cashback on my Amex, it's almost good value Hopefully it'll last as long as the two I've had since 2007 (just checked my asset register and they cost me about £300 each, so I've had my money's worth).
          I moved to 1 ultrawide monitor and within a fortnight was back to 2 separate screens. Mine are both 24" inch WQHD so 1440 x 2560 each.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            I moved to 1 ultrawide monitor and within a fortnight was back to 2 separate screens. Mine are both 24" inch WQHD so 1440 x 2560 each.
            That's my concern. It got a good review for the picture by picture feature for inputs from two computers and I'm hoping when I use it with one input I can divvy things up on screen in a way that won't annoy me too much.

I also liked that it's got a KVM built in so I have less kit on my desk (in theory!)

Comment

Morning
              grey and damp today

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

Morning
                grey and damp today

Century...
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all. Enjoying my nature documentaries at the moment. Watched this one about Kosi Bay in north eastern South Africa last night:

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

In totally irrelevant news, watched JoJo Rabbit the other day, a brilliant film that is polarising the critics

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey but with some minor gaps developing, dry, 8°C

I’ve had a 34” curved monitor for several years now, though not as HD as that one, and I really like it. In fact, I have it hooked up to my 5K iMac and the latter’s beautiful screen is relegated to being off to one side for occasionally checking stuff on. But I work primarily in JetBrains IDEs, which tend to have a lot of panes (side-by-side editors, project structure, database structure, debugger console, container management, terminal, etc. etc.) and thus benefit greatly from being stretched out really wide

Comment

Working...
                      X