• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Ribs and chips for tea
    And a big bit of coffee & walnut cake, before it goes stale

Comment

Evening all

Steak and chips for dinner courtesy of MrsB.

Watched the new Ryan Reynolds film, 6 Underground, on Netflix. A good laugh, very violent and very gory. The opening sequence makes me think of the opening of Deadpool if they'd had the budget to do what they really wanted to. Surprised it got a 15 rating to be honest.

Big banner in the opening credits stating "This movie contains Product Placements", added to the fun spotting who had backed up the money truck and how they shoehorned it in. No attempt to even hide it, right down to turning up in a Mini as a getaway car "because we wouldn't all fit in the Ferrari."

Looks like it's going to run for a few more in the franchise but it's no bad thing. Characters are likeable, script was sharp and funny and the plot didn't need to much effort to follow.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

More4 had that programme about Nazi overengnineered weapons which proved amusing enough if you like 8mm Mausers, Mp34 & Mp38 submachine guns etc.

The MG42 was impressive in its ability to waste ammo like it was going out of fashion.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Watched the new Ryan Reynolds film, 6 Underground, on Netflix. A good laugh, very violent and very gory. The opening sequence makes me think of the opening of Deadpool if they'd had the budget to do what they really wanted to. Surprised it got a 15 rating to be honest.

Big banner in the opening credits stating "This movie contains Product Placements", added to the fun spotting who had backed up the money truck and how they shoehorned it in. No attempt to even hide it, right down to turning up in a Mini as a getaway car "because we wouldn't all fit in the Ferrari."

Looks like it's going to run for a few more in the franchise but it's no bad thing. Characters are likeable, script was sharp and funny and the plot didn't need to much effort to follow.
          I’ll add it to the list

Tonight’s viewing here was a further couple of episodes of The Wire S4: E9 Know Your Place (TV Episode 2006) and E10 Misgivings (TV Episode 2006)

Only three more episodes of that season, then S5 is only ten episodes long, so I’ll see if I can get it all polished off for Christmas.

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Morning all light snowfall now, due to get heavier the rest of the week.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Morning all light snowfall now, due to get heavier the rest of the week.
                Century

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  oh, stop whining FFS.
                  all you did was fall off a bloody pushbike at <10 MPH.

try being spat into a tree at 40+.
                  And your supposed to be iron man x3.

bloody woos.
                  I am not sitting here and taking that from a brown sauce eater.

<tries to stand up>

<falls over>

feck.....

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    aye, WTS, but yer still being a woos.
                    That does it. Im coming round your place now to sort you out. I will call you from outside your house. That should give you about 3 hours notice before I ring your doorbell.

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

Colder. 17.4 deg in here this morning.

White sky with hints it might just get simpsonsesque if it tried a bit harder.

Tuesday.

I believe it to be Tuesday.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X