• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least the CV is out there again (with new throwaway number) to give me a little hope.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      My thing that scrapes my Twitter timeline stopped working last Friday, so I need to work out what’s going on there as all the individual components still seem to be functioning
      Restarting Celery and RabbitMQ seems to have got things moving again. Looks like everything had been queued, so no data loss. It’s currently processing tweets from Saturday evening, with over 12,000 still in the queue

Comment

Over 2 hours with no tpd post?

Comment

Lunch today was poached tomato salmon on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast baked potato (unspecified Tesco "white") with green peas.

It mad a pleasant, if rather more expensive, change.

The cat was banging on the door for his share.

Followed by a beetroot sandwich on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed bread and 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie tea.

Whilst preparing this repast the garage phoned up to say that the car was ready, rather to my surprise.

Following the consumption of the above comestibles, caught the 13:51 X7 down to town, trotted down the bus station to the 87 and caught that.

The driver proved to be a chap I worked with in Siliconix until 1987 when they made him redundant IIRC.

Since when he's worked for Sony and after yet more redundancy is driving buses.

Small world & all that.

From semiconductors into TV manufacture, Fortran and C programming, ending with bus driving.

In other news, just turned the heating on and the boiler is making its usual warmup noise which is easily mistaken for some sort of helicopter.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ham toasties for lunch

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Restarting Celery and RabbitMQ seems to have got things moving again. Looks like everything had been queued, so no data loss. It’s currently processing tweets from Saturday evening, with over 12,000 still in the queue
            All sorted now

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Stop slacking man!

Comment

Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                  Stop slacking man!
                  I had to pop across the room. In my current condition thats a 2 hour round trip.....

Comment

Work was dull. Had the usual Monday morning flurry of activity but essentially all work was done by 11am.

WFH tomorrow

Comment

I had to pop across the room. In my current condition thats a 2 hour round trip.....
                      Stay in front of your computer and drivel all day instead. What can be more important than that?

Comment

Working...
                      X