• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight, I remembered that I was supposed to be resuming my attempt to watch a trilogy, so the major motion picture was The Godfather Part II (1974) which I didn't remember much of from when I watched it a few years ago, so it might as well have been a premiere. Very good, and in 4K this time, some kind of restoration having happened in the meantime. So now I'm ready for the third one, which I've never seen

And to follow, several episodes of S2 of The Wire. I like this series (or season)

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Pleasant curry, but a bit too salty on the hawaji.

Been feeling a bit maudlin of late.
    Last night I was listening to “We have all the time” (OHMSS and NTTD) and tonight I think it will be “Blowers daughter” (Closer).
    Maybe related to next week would have been the 63 birthday of a great friend, and the 17th being the first anniversary of the day Millie fell asleep in my arms.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: sausages, chips and beans

Accompanied by some Trucking Hell

I was going to freeze some of these sausages but with reduced capacity for freezing, I've cooked them all instead. So there'll be a few sausage cobs, butties, and the like over the next few days

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Timesheet done, so let the weekend commence!

The rest of the team are away next week. Though in a sense, I'm most of the team anyway. A project like this ought to have a Delivery Manager, a Product Manager, a Business Analyst, and some developers. In reality, there's me, a DM who's split with another project which is what he was originally brought in for, and the head of BA who's not got any time allocated but helps out because she doesn't want to leave us in the lurch. She's also been dealing with an awful family tragedy for the last few weeks

Anyway, they're both away next week, so it's just me!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Stop Press! The Wrecked house is no longer covered in ivy or buddleia, the collapsing bay window and the two upstairs windows have been replaced with new uPvc. It almost looks unwrecked. Apart from the window on the roof. Which is unchanged. He's either died, got married to someone who wouldn't put up with it, or moved away.
    End of an era!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Friday lunch: a couple of Greggs sausage rolls

It's brightened up a little here, with the clouds turning from sheets to clumps

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    There is a pretty good chance of a Curry tonight. Possibly from the one we tried last week but more likely from a different one (need to check out the all options having recently moved even though last weeks was pretty decent).

There is also a pretty good chance of Fish&Chips with similar caveats. We have previously tried a couple of F&C options in both nearby towns but there are still others to sample.

There is a much smaller chance of Chinese, similar caveats, mainly because a recent Chinese from one of them led to dicky-tummy for MrsD and she is now 100% "off" a return and so/so for any Chinese.

I guess theoretically there is some chance of Pizza - but we only know of 1 semi-decent Pizza place, all the others appear to be those generic Pizza/Burger/Kebab/Other (which even before MrsDs troubles would be given a pretty wide berth.

Final option might be to cook "stuff" but I am pretty sure there is nothing much to cook in the house and as far as I know MrsD isn't visiting the shops.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    HWMBO is downstairs cooking for tonight's dinner extravaganza. My house smells of curry.
    Curry night here too. The WifeTM is about to knock up a batch of Saag Halloumi (Like Saag Paneer, but better), and then who knows what else she'll add.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Bright and sunny with a fair bit of cloud. Currently 8 degrees with a high of 11 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer down to 1010 mBar.

Meetings will start at 11am and run through to 4.45pm. Hurray.

HWMBO is downstairs cooking for tonight's dinner extravaganza. My house smells of curry.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Friday.

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Chilly in here at 12.3 deg, 11 deg in the kitchen, 10 deg in the leanto.

1004 mBar, 29.648 in Hg, 753.06 Torr, 14.56 psi, (down from 1009 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 66% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 5th of September 2019 NF had to trudge to the doctors, trudge to the barber's, trudge to the pharmacist, faff about in the pharmacist, get his drugs & trudge home. It was all go that morning.

Trip to Swansea X7 down, 34 back for a change. Wandered around the place amazed at all the student flats that are going up everywhere. Dunno where the students are coming from though.

Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde on Ye Hill looks very neglected. The variety of dumped mattresses certainly add something to the place.

Stop Press! The Wrecked house is no longer covered in ivy or buddleia, the collapsing bay window and the two upstairs windows have been replaced with new uPvc. It almost looks unwrecked. Apart from the window on the roof. Which is unchanged. He's either died, got married to someone who wouldn't put up with it, or moved away.

Psychodoggie has obviously departed and been replaced by a larger version psychodoggie.

Brunch: breakfast with bits of lunch thrown in for good measure to get the blood sugar up a bit.

Entertainment: Room 101. Some radio 4 bollox about that slavery play that rapidly went <click>

NZ customs thing: it's wrapped around from 2020ish to 2005 2002.

Canadian customs thing. Seen it before.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the wan sunshine and cold wind. Wore a leather jacket for a change since I discovered it was getting a bit mildewy having not been worn for several years. Might get it cleaned if I can find somewhere to do that.

Oz customs thing.

Tea:

The Mentalist S1 E10

Vanished Wales: more stuff that isn't there any more.

Cracking the Code: vanished civilisations. Linear A anyone?

History's greatest mysteries.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 March 2024, 15:29.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X