• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: the last couple of Greggs sausage rolls out of the freezer

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all, local time 0825

Cloudy! Currently 18 degrees with a high of 24 expected. No rain forecast

I have yet to get used to the sound of the ocean. We're on the Pacific side of Mexico and it's not a gentle lapping on the shore but a great crashing that sometines sounds like it's strong storm rather than waves.

The fridge did get fixed, which I am pleased by. I think the callout fee to fix NF's freezer might be a bit high though.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 30 March 2024, 14:27.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Afternoon denizens

Sunny (in spells) and quite Simpsonesque out at the moment, and the wind seems to have died down. Warmer than it has been too, at 13°C and soon to reach 14°. The barometers are on their way back up at 982/990mB

For some reason, Monkey Life is an hour later today at 16:00. But it's the ones featuring two Argentinian chimps coming over to live at Monkey World

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Saturday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Chilly in here at 12.7 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto, 8 deg in the salting house.

990 mBar, 29.234 in Hg, 742.56 Torr, 14.358 psi, (up from 987 last night), 76% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 11th of September 2019 NF had a big chicken dinner whereas LM ferreted about in the bottom of the fridge looking for something edible, and I watched a thing about the Twin Towers with Yet Another Crazy Conspiracy Theory, while being amused by the new iThing invoking the fear of little holes in sore afflicted.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Smalls in the WM.

Oz customs: the usual usual. Undeclared Chinese food++.

Smalls pegged out on the line.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

It started raining: the nearly dry washing no longer nearly dry & in the TD.

Out of the TD, & the shirts roughly iRoned & airing upstairs. Said shirts are barely in gardening shirt territory now.

Half a cupful of water out of the TD.

Entertainment: The Infinite Monkey Cage S17: Volcanoes.

The Infinite Monkey Cage special bonus edition: reminiscing over the previous 99 editions thereof.

Freecell score: 70%, running average: 86%.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: if there is any I haven't found it.

Freecell score: 70%, running average: 86%. Zoned out today.

Dixon of Dock Green: S5 E26 "Duffy calls the tune (1959)"

Maigret S4 E12 "Peter the Lett (1963)". Dear old Roger Delgado as a naughty man.

The Edgar Wallace Mystery theatre "Attempt to kill (1961)". Gosh.

The Repair shop: the one with the idiot gramophone repair chap, the one who fused the lights. Feck me. What an amateur. Very impressive.

Mission Unexplained: more bollox on blaze.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 March 2024, 22:36.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    CBS, etc, about to go out for a walk.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Jarhead (2005), which is one of those things about US Marine recruits being shouted at a lot and then going into battle, the twist being that it's the early 1990s and they go to Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm, where they don't actually end up going into battle at all because after waiting around for ages, everything's over before they get anywhere interesting. Makes a change from the Vietnam-era films of that ilk, I suppose

And then a rewatch of Road House (1989) in which Patrick Swayze is a bouncer hired to clean up a small-town bar who ends up dealing with the endemic corruption within said town as well. I watched this some years ago, and since then I've seen discourse about it on Twitter which argues that it could only ever have worked in that time and with that particular cast, because it's rather strange. Since then, of course, some people have decided to remake it, and the new one has been snapped up by Amazon. I may watch the one made in this very different time with a very different cast, just to see if it fails as badly as one might expect, which it probably will

And then the end of S2 and the start of S3 of The Wire

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    No need for a big tea tonight given the huge meal in the day, so I just had a couple of chicken drumsticks with a bag of plain crisps

I'm the only member of the family who prefers brown meat to white, so I got given the leftover limbs of the several chickens that had been roasted to bring back with me

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Although I do need to complain again to reception about the fridge not working.
    Ask them if they can pop round and sort out my freezer once they've fixed that

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Time to hit the road!
    Home again!

Very nice dinner, and good to catch up with everybody. Lots of Easter eggs distributed, many fewer received. It's a bit of a scam that you have to give couples one each, but they only give you one between them

And my nieces plus the eldest's fiancé mean three issued for one in return, but that's OK - they live and work in London, so I'm surprised they can afford to feed themselves, never mind me

And, of course, my sister and her husband had put on the spread, so they weren't expected to provide eggs as well

The journey back featured many showers, often quite heavy, combined with low sun; a combination which meant that for large parts of the journey I was accompanied by a very bright rainbow either to my right or in the rear view mirror

Knackered now though. Nice as it is to all get together, it's also rather tiring travelling down and back

I popped by my parents' place to pick up a whatnot which I kept forgetting to bring back on previous trips because it had been positioned in such a spot that it just seemed like part of the decor, so I didn't register that it was there for me to take away

And while there, I helped myself to an unopened bottle of The Glenlivet 12 year old single malt. One of the neighbours, a retired doctor, would give my Dad a bottle of some premium booze like that every Christmas, but my Dad didn't drink the stuff, and it would sit on the top shelf in the pantry until my Mum remembered it and asked if I wanted it. So it's what she would have wanted; and anyway, I'm the only one of us who drinks the stuff, so there's no point leaving it there any longer

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all, local time 0830

Sunny, cloudy free. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 25 expected.

Meeting up with my fellow travellers for breakfast soon. Lots of nothing to be done today. Although I do need to complain again to reception about the fridge not working.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X