• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Monday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Windy.

Chilly in here at 11.4 deg, 10.5 deg in the kitchen, 9 deg in the leanto, 5 deg in the saltinghouse.

1010 mBar, 29.825 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.6488 psi, (up from 998 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 62% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 2nd of September 2019 NF was back on the corned beef, while I was deleting "people you may know" with abandon and BlueSharp popped in.

Shirts in the WM along with some cottons.

Shirts out of the WM and pegged out on the line, one of the cottons going back in.

Smalls in the WM along with one of the cottons.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Cottons out of the WM: the experiment with the one that went in 3 times didn't work.

Cottons pegged out on the line & blowing well.

The shirts are almost dry.

Shirts blew off the line due to peg failure.

House roughly vacced with the Vax that doesn't beat any more but seems to pick up ok.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y. <click>

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Entertainment: Canadian customs thing with the usual gun toting septics.

Oz customs thing. A lot of the usual: French guy with £80 for a 2 month stay: returned. British chap with a broken suitcase & traces of weed (miniscule) and coke (bit less miniscule): nothing found. Woman suspected of working on a tourist visa: back home.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Shirts & cottons roughly iRoned.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: UFO Hunters: Todmorden Police UFO incident 1980. "Who do you think you are parking that UFO there? ET?".

The Mentalist S1 E1. "Pilot". No pilots were involved in this episode.

NCIS S20 E5. "Guardian".

Possibly Car SOS. S11 E6 Porsche 911 Targa. That's been raced & hillclimbed. Oh Dear(tm). Cut the front off, sourced panels from Germany, rebuilt engine, welded a shedload of stuff. Stone me, must have cost a fortune. It's still awaiting its first MOT.

Well there we are, will the last person out of Neath please turn off the lights: Barclays closing (I've been waiting for this to happen), and M&S closing (ditto).
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 March 2024, 17:14.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Dull, windy. Damp from overnight rain. Currently 6 degrees ('feels like' 2) with a high of 9 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer at 1007 mBar.

On my way to the office for a day of delight

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start out with a bit of cloud hither and yon for texture. A bit warmer than yesterday morning at 4°C, with 8° due by lunchtime. The barometers are bouncing back at 999/1007mB

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

T5 boarding screens have Windows memory errors on them.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    After the usual Sunday diet of Canadian borders and NZ roads, this evening's viewing was the latest episode of Ambulance followed by an old episode of 24 Hours in A&E

Apparently shifting stuff into the car then shifting it out again at the other end counts as exercise, for today all three rings on the watch have been closed

I'm feeling pretty knackered though, after an early start and all that shifting and driving. So an early night seems in order

Monday again tomorrow

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch earlier was yet more corned beef sandwiches and crisps, though with wholemeal bread this time as I'd used up most of the white on the same in the last couple of days. That's the tin finished, at any rate

And tea has been Scotch broth, as I wasn't that hungry after all the corned beef sandwiches

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Who ratted him out to the RS? Did I hear correctly that the plod were there too? And why dig the male up if a vet had put it down?
    It was the RSPCA that called in Monkey World and got the warrant, which the police were there to enforce (though not needed as the owner seems to have cooperated throughout). No idea what they were thinking of with the exhumation

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The male had been put down by a vet a few weeks prior and buried in the back garden, whence his remains were exhumed by the RSPCA for further study. The female wasn't in such bad shape and the owner agreed to sign her over to Monkey World, where she was given suitable accommodation pending health checks and so on before she can be introduced to the others
    Who ratted him out to the RS? Did I hear correctly that the plod were there too? And why dig the male up if a vet had put it down?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

What was the outcome of the marmoset thing?
    The male had been put down by a vet a few weeks prior and buried in the back garden, whence his remains were exhumed by the RSPCA for further study. The female wasn't in such bad shape and the owner agreed to sign her over to Monkey World, where she was given suitable accommodation pending health checks and so on before she can be introduced to the others

Home again after the journey south. I managed to fit more in the car than I thought I would initially, but had to leave a few bits; I'll get them next weekend, weather and such permitting.

I am now the owner of not one but two canteens of silver cutlery, one from the 1970s, one of later vintage

All a bit posh, but I suppose one has to keep up appearances

More books, of course. No idea where to put them

And something which I'd vaguely assumed must have gone to the tip donkey's years ago: my Dad's reel-to-reel tape recorder, a Stellaphone ST454 of early 1960s vintage. There's also a few tapes with it and, looking at the labels, it appears some of them have my Dad's BBC radio plays on them! As far as we know, even the BBC doesn't still have recordings of them, so I need to find somebody who digitises reel-to-reel tapes

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Sunny and warm, bit of a stiff breeze. Puddles from, I suspect, overnight rain. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 18 expected.

Yesterday was a sunshine and showers type day. We went to the National Tile Museum. Date night started with cocktails followed by a very delicious dinner.

Killing time out and about until it's time to head to the airport and come home.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X