• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Dull and damp. A bit of a breeze. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 12 expected. Rain forecast from lunchtime onwards. Barometer down to 1007 mBar.

The cold seems to have returned. Not a happy bunny.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Thursday.

Grey.

Damp.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 11.8 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto, 11 deg in the salting house.

1003 mBar, 29.62 in Hg, 752.311 Torr, 14.547 psi, (down from 1005 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 3rd of September 2019 it was Indoctrination and Brain Washing Day for those lucky lucky people at Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde, having the privilege of being lied to by a fine selection of psycho and socio paths, meanwhile NF was reading a book by Nevil Shute: "Landfall", and WTFH was having to discuss "w**k" with someone, and news came in of some idiot boy in Bristol who had permanently blinded himself by a restricted diet lacking in anything that might be termed "nutrition". Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked. It wasn't cold. It wasn't wet.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: Sliced bread waffling about fitness trackers. The Apple one appears to lie.

NZ customs thing.

Canadian customs thing: dumb septic almost becomes a Darwin Award winner by ingesting a bag of meth when he crosses the border by mistake.

Oz customs thing: Chinese woman with bags of "medicine": scorpions & beetles & bark: confiscated. Italian chap with a suitcase with a false bottom. (Brings up PETN which I thought was an explosive). Several kg of coke. 7 years. Vietnamese Australian working the VAT scam (or GST in this case). Had to pay $1600 GST on a Rolex.

"Decision at Sundown (1957)" with that Randolph Scott chap. And Corky the Circus Boy's Uncle.

Gosh. Hadn't watched that one before.

Dan Do.

The Mentalist S1 E4. I like this programme.

Trucking Hell S8 E5. I think I'm losing my taste for this.

The Movies on Sky Arts.

Roy Noble on S4C: Amman valley boyo.

The Art of Film.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 March 2024, 17:16.

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Don't know how true it is, but it was suggested today that the senior manager in question has a tendency to do this as a deliberate ploy to catch people out, presumably to some end that makes sense to senior managers. Anyway, didn't work with me
    I just hate those sort of games?
    Similar to the off the wall specific really obscure syntax question at "interviews"........

Thankfully hasn't happened to me for a while :-)

PS - Drizzle... seemingly endless drizzle.... this is right pishing me off... will it ever end!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Grey rainy morning after a rainy night. It seems it may clear up towards late afternoon. Currently fairly mild at 9°C though that's the high for the day; the barometers are down again at 991/999mB

No snow-capped anythings visible from the window, though there are some pigeons and a couple of magpies on the lawn and a squirrel just scampered by

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    In the distance from my hotel balcony, I can see snow-capped mountains. Shame I’m actually heading in to an office.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    More fruitless mucking about with Metal shaders tonight

Maybe I should stick to putting fancy partner icons in the sidebar

And then a bit of H. G. Wells, to wit, his short story The Star

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: lamb steaks with chips, peas and gravy. Very tasty

Accompanied by a new episode of Traffic Cops

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I got called upon to give a quick demo of some stuff to senior management at about two minutes' notice this morning. Makes a change
    Don't know how true it is, but it was suggested today that the senior manager in question has a tendency to do this as a deliberate ploy to catch people out, presumably to some end that makes sense to senior managers. Anyway, didn't work with me

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: a bacon cob

Unsmoked because I picked some up by mistake the other week. I wish they'd stop rearranging the bacon shelves

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Dull and cloudy. No precipitation at present but some is forecast from mid-afternoon onwards. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 12 expected. Barometer down to 1021 mBar.

Tired today. Not feeling all that enthusiastic.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X