• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Sunday.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Chilly in here at 13 deg, 12.5 deg, 12 deg in the leanto, 9.3 deg in the saltinghouse.

990 mBar, 29.234 in Hg, 742.56 Torr, 14.358 psi, (unchanged), 76% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 12th of September 2019 it was grey & drizzly around here, whereas it was sunny & blue sky elsewhere, the crashing of the bus pass site yesterday had cleared the computer room of hoi polloi, and this site was up & down which impeded posting somewhat.

In the words of the much missed EO, "never trust a fart". Particularly true this morning. Happily I was sitting on the bog at the time rather than still in bed.

Cottons in the WM.

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S8 E9 (repeat from Thursday when I was too crook to watch it).

Lunch: scrambled egg etc. Touch of cheese with it today. And two eggs. With very lightly toasted hot bread.

Still not right. Dunno what the feck I'm afflicted with but it's hanging on in there. Looks like I won't need to buy anymore Allbran for a while. .

The cottons needing the iRon in off the line & iRoned & airing upstairs. The pillowslip requiring a bit of repair duly botched so it doesn't get much worse.

Entertainment: The Infinite Monkey Cage 100th programme with Celebratory inflammable Cake.

Remaining cottons in off the line & airing over the banisters.

The ongoing ness is ongoing even yet. It'll either kill me or get better, I suppose.

Tea: soup again. etc. It's important to keep hydrated. .

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 86%.

Entertainment: Bits of Slow Hand's concert by the lake (2005).

Bits of The Eagles Live (well the ones that are) from the LA Forum.

Last part of "Portrait of Alison (1955)" with Robert Beatty and the chap who played Inspector Longon in Maigret (which is why he seemed familiar).

Nothing to Declare: Oz Customs S1 E9&10. Ancient history. The Chinese chap allegedly born in Oz who doesn't sound Australian. Tins full of coke (not the fizzy kind). Some crazy septic. They let him in, he was crazy not a drug runner.

Stonehenge with Dan Snow. . Stunned. Bits of it were inneresting: Woodhenge. Durrington Walls. They really liked their pork. And the sarsens rock sample that came back from septicland to allow the identification of the sourse of said sarsens by x ray fluorescence.

Bits of The Eagles Live: well Hotel California.

Interspersed with Ride of the Valkyries with helicopters: Final Cut. There's bits of that I haven't seen before. Redux is in here somewhere though I haven't watched it.

Y Detectif: the murder of Jane Simm by Dr Alan Simm. Something upbeat at last. .

The last 10 minutes of "Crowdie & Cream" by Finlay J. MacDonald. I loved his R4 talks on the subject of his 1930s boyhood on the Scottish Islands some 40 odd years ago. I'd love to listen to them again but they seem pure unobtainium.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 March 2024, 22:52.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Various wildlife things on the box today, including Monkey Life in which the series ended on a bit of a cliffhanger as the two Argentinian chimps started their journey to Dorset

And this evening, I started reading Black Box by Nicholas Faith, about air crash investigations

Early night now, for we shall pass through a time warp before sunrise and be deprived of an hour's sleep

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    One tree planted, interestingly where it went was full of broken glass
    My garden has a lot of broken glass and china in it if I dig down. Somebody must have used it as a dump. At least it keep the moles out!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    A couple of hundred kg of ground elder dug up. One tree planted, interestingly where it went was full of broken glass (like someone had dismantled a greenhouse there). And then I cut the grass with the (currently working) ride-on.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea came from KFC

It was brought by a chap on a bicycle who made at least two other deliveries on the way, judging by where he went according to the live map, yet still made it here about five minutes before the estimated arrival time when he started out. Excellent going, I thought

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: the last couple of Greggs sausage rolls out of the freezer

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all, local time 0825

Cloudy! Currently 18 degrees with a high of 24 expected. No rain forecast

I have yet to get used to the sound of the ocean. We're on the Pacific side of Mexico and it's not a gentle lapping on the shore but a great crashing that sometines sounds like it's strong storm rather than waves.

The fridge did get fixed, which I am pleased by. I think the callout fee to fix NF's freezer might be a bit high though.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 30 March 2024, 14:27.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Afternoon denizens

Sunny (in spells) and quite Simpsonesque out at the moment, and the wind seems to have died down. Warmer than it has been too, at 13°C and soon to reach 14°. The barometers are on their way back up at 982/990mB

For some reason, Monkey Life is an hour later today at 16:00. But it's the ones featuring two Argentinian chimps coming over to live at Monkey World

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Saturday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Chilly in here at 12.7 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto, 8 deg in the salting house.

990 mBar, 29.234 in Hg, 742.56 Torr, 14.358 psi, (up from 987 last night), 76% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 11th of September 2019 NF had a big chicken dinner whereas LM ferreted about in the bottom of the fridge looking for something edible, and I watched a thing about the Twin Towers with Yet Another Crazy Conspiracy Theory, while being amused by the new iThing invoking the fear of little holes in sore afflicted.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Smalls in the WM.

Oz customs: the usual usual. Undeclared Chinese food++.

Smalls pegged out on the line.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

It started raining: the nearly dry washing no longer nearly dry & in the TD.

Out of the TD, & the shirts roughly iRoned & airing upstairs. Said shirts are barely in gardening shirt territory now.

Half a cupful of water out of the TD.

Entertainment: The Infinite Monkey Cage S17: Volcanoes.

The Infinite Monkey Cage special bonus edition: reminiscing over the previous 99 editions thereof.

Freecell score: 70%, running average: 86%.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: if there is any I haven't found it.

Freecell score: 70%, running average: 86%. Zoned out today.

Dixon of Dock Green: S5 E26 "Duffy calls the tune (1959)"

Maigret S4 E12 "Peter the Lett (1963)". Dear old Roger Delgado as a naughty man.

The Edgar Wallace Mystery theatre "Attempt to kill (1961)". Gosh.

The Repair shop: the one with the idiot gramophone repair chap, the one who fused the lights. Feck me. What an amateur. Very impressive.

Mission Unexplained: more bollox on blaze.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 March 2024, 22:36.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X