• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Grey start again but the wind appears to have dropped, and the rain stopped dropping. Apparently the former will start up again around lunchtime and the latter around teatime, though. Currently a balmy 10°C and maybe soaring to a sweltering 15° later, while the barometers are down slightly at 994/1002mB

Up betimes, for shortly I will head across town to see if the hairdresser lady has started early, as she usually does

And at the other end of that spectrum, Sainsbury's will be delivering tonight between 9:04 and 10:04pm, very much the back end of the Saver Slot I booked. Oh well, I only booked it because I had another of those £12 off vouchers, so I suppose it's still a bargain of sorts

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's viewing was that programme that claims to be about motorway cops but half the time they're just on normal roads, and it also has random dashcam clips that have no relevance to what's going on

And then back to the Möbius strip stuff. Still isn't doing what I want, but I've dug out one of my books with stuff in it about vectors and cross products and all that jazz, so maybe that will get me on the right track

Early night now

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Having spent months dropping hints as to what I’d like as Christmas and birthday presents, I thought I should check that there were enough suggestions for the latter, to which I was told that I hadn’t come up with anything yet. Time to create a list, otherwise I will get socks, shirts and shower gel.

Anyway, TFBSZ.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: pork cutlet with chips and beans

Showers here now, supposedly

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch has been a chicken breast with a sort of mango and coconut paste on it, in a wholemeal bap with a bag of plain crisps

Still dry but grey and breezy here

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    The Dog and I both slept in this morning, resulting in a meagre 4.6km walk in light drizzle.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Wednesday.

Wet, very wet.

Misty, very misty.

Sunless.

Grey, very grey.

Chilly in here at 13.8 deg, 12.5 in the kitchen & leanto.

1007 mBar, 29.7366 in Hg, 755.3 Torr, 14.6 psi, (down from 1008 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 6th of September no mention of wot's this 'ere but NF was trundling bins back in and then one back out again, whilst I was sitting in with the hoi polloi rather damply, and much rain was ensuing. It seemed a poor choice of day to do the washing.

Today's waking at stupid o'clock was yet another weird dream, driving somewhere, stopping a pub only to find it infested with people from some place where I'd worked. Was glad to wake up. Some of these places may have actually existed but I don't think this one did. Some of them are variants on The Finals Dream where I don't know WTF I'm doing. Lovely.

Freecell score: 89%, running average: 86%.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y <click> Curse of Oak Island S8 The silver spoon <click>

NZ Motorway Patrol S13 E9. Drunk Lithuanian chap. Couple of drongoes chucking fireworks out of a Ute.

NZ customs 2002: British chap of Somali origin busted for 12kg of khat in his luggage. It was legal here until 2014.

Freecell score: 82%, running average: 86%.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>

UFO Hunters: Puget Sound UFO 1947. A hoax according to the feds, but they would say that wouldn't they. .

The Mentalist S1 E13. The stolen painting one.

Great canal journeys: Brecon & Monmouth canal.

Bad Skin Clinic. Woman with scarring from the removal of a melanoma where the graft had failed: lasered. Woman with melasma and acne. Chap with rhinophyma: haven't seen the scalpel come out for that previously.

Dr Pimple Popper. Chap with an enormous lipoma on his forehead so he couldn't wear a hard hat. Woman with hidrocystomas next to her eyes. Chap with dry skin on his hands & feet. Planoplantar keratosis.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 March 2024, 23:00.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Grey start again, but not raining this time. Seems slightly breezy though. Mild, being 10° already with 13° expected later; the barometers are only up a very small amount at 997/1005mB, possibly expecting to fall again soon as rain seems likely in the coming days

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Only a new Traffic Cops on the box

Then, being frustrated with Metal shaders, I went back to something slightly more fun: Möbius strips. I already have the code to generate a 3D model of one, which I wrote a while ago just for fun. So I used that to instead generate a load of cubes arranged in space in the form of a Möbius strip. Looks OK for a first attempt, but then I spent ages confusing myself with 3D geometry trying to get them aligned parallel to where the surface would be. Something to do with normals and cross products, I think, but I haven't worked it out yet

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

Working...
X